PROLOGUE💭

Amiyah! Time for breakfast! screamed my mom.

"Coming!"

  I packed the clutter of notebooks and homework that were on my desk.

Once I had packed my things I rushed downstairs and met the smell of sweet, crispy bacon sizzling along with the sight of soft, fluffy pancakes covered with maple syrup.

"Good Morning Ma"

"Good Morning baby" "How did you sleep?"

"Okay"

"Oh I forgot Elias is picking you up from school"

I go to a little school called Brooklyn Heights

Brooklyn Heights is home to many drug dealers, fights, and baby mamas.

It is the school that parents DON'T want their kids to go to.

But I love it.

My lovely brother Elias, who is most notorious for handing out drugs to mentally unstable high school kids and sleeping with the teacher's daughter will be picking me up from school today. How wonderful is that?!

----------------
"Hey Girl!" screamed my best friend, Saraya

Saraya and I have been best friends since the sixth grade. At first, I couldn't stand her because I heard she was talking shit about me to Malaya, my only friend at the time. We hashed shit out and it turns out we had a lot in common and pretty soon we became inseparable.

"Ayy Wassup Ray!"

"Girl, Jeremiah's party was hella lit. Everybody popped out."

"For real?"

"Yess! It wasn't even 12 before the cops came"

"Wow"

"Wow" said an annoying mocking voice sneaking behind me.

"Tray Jones"

Tray Jones is my brother. Well, he's like a brother to me. He has helped me way more times than my own brother has. Anytime I need advice or favor he's my go-to. Elias was always busy hoeing around or selling drugs to help me figure out shit. Like our parents' divorce, it broke me and even lead to depression. Tray was there through the thick of it, he's one of the only people that I know who truly cares for me and wants to see me succeed.

"In the flesh," he said smirking

"Did you go to the party?"

"Ay man I was so deep in my shit I forgot about Mr. Christiansen's lil get together"

"Tray just salty cuz he  didn't get to go to the party of the year"

" Ain't nobody salty bout Jere Bear's lil  book club"

"Yeah okay, whatever you say," Saraya said mockingly.

"Amiyah Hayes to the front office, Amiyah Hayes to the front office"

Great. This has been my third time called to the front office.

"Girl what did you do? Cheat? Oh my gosh, you gave Mr. Riley that good good didn't you?!!

"What! Girl I- "

"I knew once you told me bout that C he gave you on your paper it was over for his ass"

" Saraya, I didn't cheat and I sure as hell didn't sleep with Mr.Riley" I whispered calmly.

"Imma catch you guys later"

"See ya"

----------------------------------

Mrs. Campbell is probably the only person who cares more about my future than I do. Since this school year has started she has made it perfectly clear that she believes I can make it to an Ivy League school. The only problem is since the divorce my mom has struggled to make ends meet. She works night shift every night and comes back in the morning.

"Hi, Mrs.Campbell"

Hello, miss Amiyah!"

"I have some good news for you"

"Okay"

"I've been talking to the counselor at Lexington Academy...."

"Okay" unsure about where this conversation was gonna go.

"Well, I've been bragging about how you are the top student at this school and she said that if you submit your transcript along with a few other things you'll be able to transfer into Lexington Academy!"

——————————————————————————
A/N: Due to Ms. Rona keeping of all us home I've decided to write a story. This is my first story so please take it easy on me.