THE DREAM IS ALIVE💭

When we arrived it felt like a dream. I felt like I was Will from the Fresh Prince of Bel-air. I, Amiyah was an outsider. I was no longer in Brooklyn Heights. I had entered a new world.

"Welcome to Lexington, Amiyah you're gonna love it here!" he boasted.

He told me that the house was 10 minutes away from where we were. The more he would update me on how far away we were the more nervous I was to be there.  Did they know about me? What did he say to them? All of these questions flooded my mind.

He turned into a nice neighborhood. The houses were gigantic. Our apartments at the heights were Chihuahuas compared to these houses. He pulled up to a mansion.

"We're here!" He screamed

Before we could get out of the car there were people in front of the door. Once I got out of the car I grabbed my luggage.

"Oh Amiyah, Hobbs can carry your luggage," he said.

A strange man came out and took my luggage from my hands.

"Hello, I'm Christopher Hobbs, your father's personal assistant. Welcome to Lexington, you'll like it here." Hobbs declared.

"Thank You, Hobbs it's nice to meet you. I'm Amiyah" I said.

As I walked closer to the front of the door I realized it was Larsa and Mena. Larsa was a natural beauty. She had long dark brown curls down to her shoulders. Her skin was smooth and clear. I could tell she cared deeply about skincare. As for Mena, she stole her mom's whole face.

"Welcome to Lexington Amiyah, we are very happy that you are here," she said.

"I'm happy to be here" lies. All lies. I looked over at Mena, it's clear that she's uncomfortable, as am I.

"Hi Mena, How are you?" I asked.

" I'm good," she whispered.

"Amiyah, Hobbs will take you to your room. Leo's at basketball practice, but once he comes back he'll give you a tour of the house." Larsa said.

"Sounds good," I said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a long-ass day. I missed all my folks. I missed Tray. I missed Saraya. I even missed Elias dumb ass. Most of all I missed my mom. I can't help but think about what she's thinking, about what she's doing. She forbid me to call her on the first day here. She just wanted me to enjoy myself and not worry about her. Her plan just makes me worry about her even more. I don't even know if I'm gonna like it here. I'm going in this expecting the absolute WORSE. My friends and I use to clown tf outta those rich kids and tomorrow I'll be one of those kids.

All of a sudden I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in" I yelled.

"Amiyah you ready for a tour? " a deep voice asked

"Yea, bout time you showed up" I joked.

"Yea sorry bout that, practice ran a little late"

Leo and I met 4 years ago. It was months back when my dad and Larsa started dating. Dad thought it would be nice for us to meet each other. When I first saw him he was scrawny and short. I thought he was corny as hell. Later on that day, we were playing and laughing. It was nice to have somebody else to play with. We had more in common than I thought.