RICH BEYOND MY DREAMS PT.2💭

"Nice to meet you Amiyah. I should get back to basketball practice." He smiled.

"You too"

He hustled back to the end of the long hallway. He was sweet. He was fine as hell too. I'm not tryna get ahead of myself. I don't wanna lose focus here. Concentrate. I pulled out my phone to check the time—8:06. I closed my locker and headed straight to homeroom.  There weren't a lot of people in the homeroom. I made my way over to the desk in the back.  I checked my phone it was 8:10 I still had some time. I opened messages and started texting Saraya.

It was nice talking to Saraya before I started classes

It was nice talking to Saraya before I started classes. She always made me laugh. I miss being with her. I realized more people started filling in the empty desk sits. I looked at the time-8:14. As people walked through the door they looked at me and then at each other.

"who is she?" many whispered.

"I don't know"  many whispered back.

I pretended to be on my phone to distract from the looks and questions that were aimed at me. Leo was right. If I was overwhelmed with these questions, imagine the ones I'll be getting later.

"Is she new?"

"Is that the new girl?"

Obviously, I mean if that white boy from this morning could figure it out, I'm pretty sure the rest of you could. The time is finally 8:15. a huge brass sound came from the speakers.

"The bell has rung, which means all of you should be all be in your seats" a voice from the front of the class yelled.

My homeroom teacher is Mr.Carlson. The "chill" one. My first thought when I saw him? Damn, he's big. Now he's big, not fat, but he's big like The Rock big. He looks like he was a bodybuilder back in the day, but wanted to fulfill his dreams of teaching rich high school kids. When he sits in his chair at his desk it looks like one of those plastic toy chairs. He's not only big, but he's tall as well, I would say about 6'3.

"Is Mr. Fletcher here?" he asked.

Everyone looked around and shook their heads. I didn't even know if he was here or not. The last time I saw him was in the car this morning.