And Then She Screamed

Darkness

An echoing scream wrung the shallow, crumbling ruins.

Drip

Drip

Drip

Blood dripping down the wall of a crumbling ruin.

A sound piercing the gloom, whispering, softly like silk.

A dark figure, rising slowly, emerged from between the forest lining the ruins. Clothes, rustling softly from the subtle breeze.

Dim moonlight pierced the cloudbank, bathing the figure in light for but a moment.

Crimson coloured eyes, swirled with a striking silver and black, smooth pale skin adorning beautiful features, ebony coloured hair curling softly at his shoulders, perfectly high cheekbones leading to a set of faultless lips.

Yet, standing out against the pink backdrop of his lips were long curved fangs. Piercing his bottom lip softly, drawing blood from the peaked tips.

“You shouldn’t be here” he whispered quietly, yet heard as clearly as day.

“I know, but I cannot leave, you know I am stuck here among the shadows. Forever and alone” a chillingly, cold voice replied from deep within the shadows.

A single clear tear dropped from his beautiful yet heartbroken eyes.

“I would give my life to set you free” he said in despair.

“I know, and I love you so much for coming here and saying that to me” the voice lovingly replied.

Footsteps could be heard, breaking the soft grass and out stepped a woman. She smiled so beautifully it could fill the stars, yet it was the most sorrowful.

Beautiful turquoise eyes, framed by lush dark lashes. Long curled hair, the colour of obsidian. Exquisite features covered by flawless sun-kissed skin.

“Do not try and set me free, for you will fail and I would weep a thousand tears” she said.

A spirit ran, weeping and howling, brandished a beautiful jewel encrusted dagger and buried itself deep into the woman, sharply piercing her heart.

And then she screamed.

And he fell to his knees, crushing the grass softly, tears dripping down his face, shining like gorgeous diamonds.