Anne

Mirda led Eva to the kitchens, where the cooks prepared food for Callum and other castle occupants. When Eva entered, the occupants in the kitchen stopped what they were doing, and their eyes were on her.

Murmurs were heard throughout the kitchen as they eyed the woman.

 "So the rumors are true. She has white hair and fair skin."

"Is she truly of this land?"

"Her eyes are so bright."

Eva could hear their words about her, and it was something she was used to. She knew that people were not used to seeing a different woman. She kept her head up and followed Mirda's lead. Eva and Mirda began to put food on the plates and then the plates on the trays.

"So yer that woman everyone has been speaking of," said a feminine voice.

Mirda and Eva stopped what they were doing, and both turned to see who was behind them. Mirda stood still, and her expression changed into seriousness, confusing Eva. A woman had a thin figure, light skin with a little mole on her left cheek, dark brown eyes, and long braided brown hair that touched her shoulder; she wore a long gray dress with a handmade string. Eva noticed that the woman's crooked teeth that were slightly yellow. Her nose was a bit longer; in Eva's view, it made the woman look like a duck.

Mirda gave out an annoyed sigh. "What do ye want now, Anne?"

The woman named Anne ignored Mirda's question while staring at Eva. Eva noticed the change of tone of Mirda's voice and knew immediately that the woman was trouble. However, she kept her neutral look.

"So speak, are ye the woman everyone speaks of?" Anne asked with a sense of entitlement in her tone.

Eva shrugged. "I don't know. There are many women in this place. Could you be more specific about what woman you want to know?"

Many murmurs were heard again, shocked at Eva's statement. 

Anne raised an eyebrow. "You should be careful about how you speak to me. Do ye know who I am?"

"That your name is Anne, and that is about it."

Eva noticed that Anne was getting annoyed but then regained her composure. Mirda stepped forward. "Leave her be. We have duties to fulfill."

Anne glared at her. "Keep yer tongue; this does not concern ye!"

Eva felt angered by Anne's attitude towards Mirda, and she got to Anne's face. Her bright blue eyes glared at the dark ones. "Don't you speak to Mirda or to anyone like that? If you have problems with me, then tell me to my face! You think I am afraid of you!?"

Gasps were heard.

Anne moved away, trying to regain her space. She was filled with shock at Eva's manners. "Ye dare speak to me that way! I am Anne, the favorite of Callum! Wait until I speak to him of this!"

"His favorite?" Eva thought for a moment; it clicked. She laughed. "His favorite meaning his bed partner. You think you are better than everyone else because you open your skinny legs for him! Ha! So basically, a bed wench! If that bastard you call Callum sees you in high regard, why are you still a mere servant?"

Many were in awe of Eva's words; many wanted to laugh aloud.

"Y-Ye dare to-!"

"Men like that bastard are powerful and have women crawling to his feet, willing to open their legs for the opportunity of status and power. I wonder how many times you opened your legs for him. Even if you do so, you are still in the same situation. Men in power would say things they wish to hear to keep them in control, manipulate, and use them for their use." Eva gave Anne a deadly glare. "What makes you think you are the only women he has fucked with? Many women hold more beauty and body than themselves. He even tried to make me his, but I refused him, and now I am here, wanting me to serve him as his slave. I refuse to be his wench, for I have more self-respect and honor than you and other women."

Eva got the food trays and motioned Mirda, who also did the same.

"Excuse us, we need to give this food out to the bastard you think has a care in the world for you, but in actuality, you are nothing more than a lay."

Eva and Mirda left, leaving everyone and Anne stunned.

Anne stood there in shock and embarrassment. Then, the women began to laugh, as did the men. Anne glared at them. "Shut up! You dare-!"

"Anne the Wench! Such a swell name! That woman spoke true words! There is nothing to fear!" laughed out a man.

Anne left the kitchens in a hurry. She wanted to know about that woman, to show her who was in control, but that woman was not who Anne expected. She had traits of a woman that were rare. Anne heard that the slave girl was beauty among beauties, and seeing her, Anne understood. Not only that, the woman held such a vile tongue. "Callum does care for me. I am the best bed partner! No one will take him away from me! I will see to that!"