chapter four.

( ACT II; age of the dragon. )
⟵ ◊ ⟶

chapter 4: sack of astapor.

VAEGON hated caging Rhaellor, but it was needed in order to get the dragon from ship to the Good Master's plaza

VAEGON hated caging Rhaellor, but it was needed in order to get the dragon from ship to the Good Master's plaza. What Dothraki remained with them carried the screeching dragon in a large woven basket that had been acquired from the market, following Vaegon to the same place they had sealed their plans of a transaction for the Unsullied. Much to his amusement, Kraznys had invited his entire ilk of slave-master to see him receive a dragon, or at least he thought; Vaegon had other plans and he could not wait to share them. The wealthy slave owners sat comfortably in along the edge of the plaza, enjoying refreshment's served to them by the slaves as they gossiped and watched in excitement.

Vaegon positioned himself next to the basket after the Dothraki had placed it on the ground, Daenerys and the others standing close by. One of Rhaellor's crimson eyes is visible through a hole in the basket, the beast looking up to Vaegon for help. His heart faltered in guilt for locking up his companion, but they needed the Unsullied more than anything in that moment.

"You'll be free soon enough," he promised his dragon softly. Rhaellor let out a hiss of annoyance, sinking back in the shadows of the basket.

Soon enough, Kraznys sauntered toward them, leaving behind his ilk that anxiously watched from where they were being shaded with palm leaves held by slaves. They are served refreshments by their slaves as they gawk over the dragon. The slave-master had a particular pep in his step, causing Vaegon to grow more and more excited for what he planned to unleash.

As his side, Missandei came to translate. Now dressed in more suitable clothing for a free woman that did not include a collar around her neck, a sense of confidence was about the woman. Vaegon was pleased in himself for asking to save her from Kraznys, Daenerys gaining a companion as well. Since they'd locked Doreah and Xaro away to die, she'd been without female companionship for some time.

Kraznys speaks to Missandei before she translates. "He says that many have not seen battle and you would do good in blooding them early by attacking some minor cities on your way to Westeros," the Naathi woman tells him. "He says that the Good Master's will gladly purchase any slaves you acquire along the way."

Missandei pauses for a moment before reluctantly translating the last thing that the slave-master said. "He also says that any boys you capture will be castrated and ready to serve as new Unsullied once their training is done in ten years time."

"My, does this man have endless crude things to say," Vaegon tells Missandei in annoyance.

In the hand of Kraznys was a golden whip known as the cat-o-ninetails with the city's symbol or deity, Vaegon was unsure, on it's head. It was a golden harpy, its wings spread wide. At the bottom of the staff was straps of leather most likely used for lashing. The cat-o-ninetails signified his ownership of the Unsullied and would soon be in Vaegon's hand.