chapter three.

( ACT III; the dawn of the dragon. )
⟵ ◊ ⟶
chapter three: the right time is on the horizon.

DAENERYS ran a boar bristled brush through Raina's long, midnight hair, her fingers following behind it to stroke the other woman's silky locks

DAENERYS ran a boar bristled brush through Raina's long, midnight hair, her fingers following behind it to stroke the other woman's silky locks. As they remained in silence with each other, the princess began to realize something. For the first time in quite a long while, Daenerys Targaryen felt at peace.

There was in fact still issues presenting themselves to Vaegon's rule, and part of Daenerys was thankful it was not she that made all of the ultimate decisions as he did, with always having to hear the council of others and weigh who's advice was more valuable and fitting for whatever situation he was evaluating.

She was content with assisting in the hard fought journey to return them home and instill their house in its rightful place in King's Landing, ruling the Seven Kingdoms as they once did. She was also able to pursue the justice she believed those that supported slavery deserved.

Beyond her role as a princess and her brother's advisor, they had dragons. She had both Vaegon and Raina, the two people she found herself quickly knowing that she couldn't live without.

She was content. She and Vaegon were far from the tyrannical oppression of Viserys, begging in the streets for their next meal and shelter. They were once again in the position they were born for as royalty. Vaegon was thriving as king, growing well versed in its ways for when they would arrive to Westeros.

"You're quiet," Raina murmured from where she sat in front of Dany on a stool. The Stark woman had come to visit her that morning with the offering of a Merenese breakfast and idle chatter, the tray in her grasp and a smile on her face when she'd arrived to Dany's apartment door.

They had already become thicker than thieves, doing nearly everything together especially when Vaegon was handling business with the other members of the council, something Daenerys would have never expected. So quickly had she grown to love Raina's presence after she been jealous and angry upon her arrival, in fear of her place at Vaegon's side being stolen right from under her.

So many things had changed since Raina's arrival that the princess could hardly believe it. They would rule as queen's alongside each other one day, as well as remain lover's to one another. A fact that Daenerys had never considered would be reality.

"Daydreaming. That is all," Dany halted her brushing and replied to her lover when Raina titled her head back against Dany's stomach with a smirk, looking up through her dark eye lashes.

"With as much that is going on in this city, I'm jealous," Raina sighed as she straightened her head once more. Dany continued to brush. "I've been trying to think of suggestions to mitigate the trouble going on with those damn rebels, but I keep falling short of a good answer. Vaegon's with Selmy and Greyworm right now discussing the course of action to be taken with the situation. At this rate, if they aren't taken care of, he'll never let us leave. I might lose my mind being stuck in this pyramid."