𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 - 𝐡. 𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐳

it's my birthday so i felt like making this hehe

~~~~

y/n had woken up to the smell of cooked ham lingering up the stairs and the sound of the stove top sizzling from the kitchen. stretching, she slowly climbed out of her warm covers, slipped on her slippers and tiptoed down the stairs.

y/n turned the corner into the kitchen to find her mom placing plates of bacon, eggs and toast for their family.

"morning mom." y/n yawned. "happy birthday, beautiful!" her mom turned around and wrapped her arms around her daughters waist, giving her a big squeeze.

"i can't believe you're already seventeen!" she exclaimed as tears fell onto her daughter's back. "you say this every year, mom." y/n laughed. "i know it's just hard to imagine my little girl growing up into the young adult you're becoming." she sighed, wiping her tears with the back of her hand. "go on, eat." she waved her away to the plate on the counter.

y/n sat down and quickly dug into the delicious food in front of her, washing it all down with a glass of water. her mother handed her a card signed by her parents neat handwriting and inside was a long paragraph that she gets every year about how's she's growing up and how they're proud of her, each time still managing to make her tear up.

she quickly thanked her mom and dad for the card and the meal, grabbed her school bag full of books and ran out the front door. y/n wanted to be a bit early for school today, considering she was always late. putting her airpods in her ears, she blasted In Da Club by 50 Cent as she strutted down the street, her hair bouncing behind her back.

as she entered the front foyer, y/n spotted her friends standing down the hall near her locker.

"hey y/n! happy birthday!" her friend ali shouted from the spot they were standing, causing some people's head to turn towards her. y/n smiled as she took out her airpods, walking towards them.

y/n was popular, but not too popular. quite a few people knew her, partly because of her boyfriend, hector. he blew up on tiktok and instagram, gaining him lots of followers. y/n had gotten some hate from his fans, including things like "she's only using him for clout." or "she's ugly, why would he want her?". but most of his fans support their relationship and are happy for them.

"hey guys." y/n said as she approached her friends. "happy birthday, birthday girl." her friend tyrone greeted her. "how does it feel finally being seventeen?" he asked in a sing-song voice while reaching down to play with her hair. "you know, same old." she laughed.

y/n felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her waist. "happy birthday, baby." someone said while kissing her cheek. she turned around to see her boyfriend of 3 years, hector, smiling down at her.

y/n and hector went to the same elementary school and had been close since they were really little. they got along because of their common interests and personalities. in eighth grade, a lot of kids started to tease them about their relationship, thinking that they were dating. everyone knew at the time that they both liked each other. it wasn't until ninth grade, y/n got the courage to tell him how she felt, and they've been going strong ever since.

y/n reached up to give hector a quick peck on his soft lips. "are you excited for our surprise tonight?" he asked,
winking at her. "a little. mostly scared of what you have in mind." she giggled.

hector chuckled at her cute nervousness. "don't be scared. it's gonna be great." he smiled.

the warning bell rang for first period. "i'll see you later, babe." y/n said as she kissed his cheek before walking off. "love you!" he shouted, earning a wink from his girlfriend before he walked off.