Chapter VI

5:00pm.

(Y/N)'s POV

Damn, I'm exhausted.

I let out a slight sigh and yawn at the same time. I felt my tummy growl, so I went to the kitchen to eat something.

A FEW MINUTES LATER.

I'm sitting on my table, while eating chips and watching anime. Until I suddenly received a message. It's from Takahashi-senpai! I opened his message and it read

To: (y/n)-chan

(y/n)-chan! I forgot to ask you earlier, how is the Kitchen-Bound Haruki-san Myth?

...

Oh yeah, right! ....but what will I say? Didn't Haruki-san tell me it was a secret...?

I sighed,

I always reply to Takahashi-senpai's messages immediately, but for now, imma leave it.

I looked at the orb "Haruki-san, can we talk...?" I asked. As the curtains of the window flew, Haruki-san was already sitting at the seat in front of me, resting his chin on his right palm, and boy, if I'm doing this correct, our faces are only 5 inches apart.

"Do you need anything?" He asked, a smile is still on his face.

I backed away a little, "About that..." I cleared my throat then sighed. "Weren't you supposed to help me with Takahashi-senpai..?" I asked, gulping.

"I am helping you." He said. "Why, have you changed your mind?" He asked, as he switched his pose.

"N-No, not at all!!" I said. "Ahem... Then, why can't I see it? I mean, shouldn't we be working together..? And your magi—" I was cut off.

Damn, Haruki-san really likes to cut people off.

"As I said," he lifted up a small bag, "You have to pay a certain price."

I processed everything in my brain. "I-I don't care what the price may be..!!" I said to Haruki-san. With that, he smirked.

He gets a sort of like coin from the small bag, "Are you sure...?" He asked.

I nodded in agreement. Kinda nervous.

"Well then..." He lets his tongue out, still smiling, and pressed the coin-like in his tongue. "Repay me with your body." He said as he swallowed the coin-like thing. And then the next thing I knew, he disappeared.

"R-Repay.. with my... body..?" I processed everything in my mind. "R-REPAY WITH MY BODY?! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! ARE YOU SOME KIND OF PERVERT?!" I shouted, hoping Haruki-san would hear.

Aghh!! Fvck this dirty mind of mine!!

Haruki's POV

I smiled to see (y/n)'s reaction.

She really has a dirty mind, huh?

I smiled widely.

A FEW HOURS LATER.

(y/n)'s POV

In a park, at 11:57pm, 31th of December. I was with my friend, my childhood friend, perhaps. We were watching fireworks together. Just the two of us.

"(y/n)-chan!" I looked at him, but I couldn't see clearly 'cause it's too dark and my vision is blurry.

"Let's promise each other something!" He holds both my hands, "After 10 years, we are gonna get married!" He said, smiling.

"Sure!" I smiled back, and with that, we made a promise, a pinky promise, at exactly 12:00am.

But then, after a few weeks, I saw something on the news. I saw him, on the news. I saw him, in the television, he's all bloody. It says that it was still unknown, on what may have been the cause of his death. He was carrying a kitchen knife, with blood. Some say he could have killed himself, some said he was stabbed. I couldn't believe what I saw.

I ran away, I don't believe it! He can't! We made a promise! He just can't...

I started crying while I was running, due to my sadness, I crossed the streets, without looking, and got hit by a car.

*ring* *ring* *ring*
I woke up, startled from the alarm.

Gah! My head hurts..!

I tried to sit down, processing what happened.

W-Was it a... d-dream...?!

My head suddenly hurt. "Gahh!!"  And then the next thing I knew, I fainted.