-01-

Telling  Jasper Hale that you were pregnant was the hardest obstacle to ever face.

  So when he arrived back home, frantic to know where his mate was, he found her with Carlisle. Except, their faces showed fear, fear for something he couldn't identify. Stress rolled off of Joanna, anxiety rolled off of her too.

  Jasper had difficulty even standing by how her emotions were crashing over him then and there. He had to ask, "What is going on? I can feel how stressed she is, Carlisle."

  The doctor settled his lips into a thin line, no words being able to echo in the room.

  Joanna was no different. She stood near Carlisle, hands set firmly on her stomach as she ghostly felt her baby swim around, as crazy as that sounded. Her eyes were torn away from Jasper, her grey pupils finding the potted plants in the office more eye catching. More distracting than the goregous vampires that watched her.

  The idea of telling him, revealing the scary truth to him was impossible. Even if it was important since he was the father, Joanna knew he would freak out. He was Japser Hale after all, keeping his worse emotions inside until he overflowed.

  "It's best if we sit down," Carlisle said, answering Jasper's question. Jasper furrowed his eyebrows, but followed his orders. All of them sat in the corner of his office, his leather chairs groaning as they all sat.

  "Now, do you want to tell me?"

  When Joanna flinched, she gathered her lover's attention. Her movements startled him before he grew concerned. "Joanna?"

"I'm pregnant," her voice was strained, full of stress.

  As a result of her words, Jasper was abruptly standing and glaring at Carlisle. Nothing was happening then. Joanna closed out the world as Jasper demanded answers from the doctor of the family.

  Carlisle, how is this possible?

  This isn't right, she shouldn't have the baby.

Will it kill her?

  "I'm keeping the baby," Joanna mentioned as she heard Jasper discussing about death. Freezing in his spot, Jasper's glare settled on her instead. She glared back, gesturing to her stomach. "We're keeping the baby."

  Visibly, Jasper didn't agree with her words. His hands curled into fists. Jasper's eyes narrowed, his amber eyes swirling with a disturbing red color. Anger. Jaw clenched, he looked back at the other male in the room, wanting to see his reaction to Joanna's words.

Yet Carlisle was looking calm, hands perched under his jaw.

  "I'm not agreeing with this. The baby is killing you."

  "We're keeping the baby," she repeated more sternly this time. Standing up, she poked her stomach. "I'm not that far along and Carlisle believes my term is going to go by quickly."

  An audible growl came from him. Joanna wondered if Jasper mysteriously became more of a wolf than a vampire.

  "Stress isn't good for the baby." Rosalie appeared in the room then, frustrated with the couple's argument. Jasper's adoptive sister stood by his mate, clutching her hand in hers. "If she wants to keep your guys' baby, she will. Accept her decision, Jasper."

  Rosalie guided Joanna away from the room, taking a noticeable protection for the girl. It sparked confusion in her for a moment as Rosalie seemed to hold a hatred for her. If it was even hatred at all. It was all due to her knowing the secret of their family.