Chapter Nine - A (Im)proper Birthday

Keaton stood inside the neon pink cafe trying to calm down, he had begun to pace. He walked from one side of the cafe to the other while the three sisters followed him. The Meow Sisters vary in heights and colors. Lan the youngest holds a bubbly personality and has neon blue hair and short skirts always in pastel colors to match it. Meesha, the middle sister is stern and cares most about money. Her hair is straight falling a little bit past her waist the color of the darkest night. She wears blouses and ankle length dresses, despite this her temper is incomparable. Luna the oldest sister is the tranquil sister, her fiery red hair and flowing dresses almost always have some flower or tree emblazoned on it.

The three had been about to call it an early morning when Keaton had called and asked them to stay up. Years before when he had been in White Lotus he had saved them from a shakedown and even helped repair the damages so they had adopted him as their little brother. Though currently Luna wanted to shoot him with a tranquilizer dart.

"Why are you burning a hole in the floor, so you got stood up, have some cake and tea and go on to bed." Lan sang out to him, the look from the tall muscular man was menacing so he said nothing more. None of them had expected a white limousine to pull up to the restaurant. Keaton froze, and the sisters watched mouths open in shock as a elegant looking woman rose from the driver's side and walked the expansive length of the limousine to the door that opened by itself. Zhao stepped out and was instantly smacked on the back of the head by the driver. The driver signed furiously at him and he laughed and gave her a hug before waving. Keaton felt a smile grow across his face and had been so intent on watching the scene outside the glass window he hadn't noticed all three sisters had come to stand beside him.

"Who is he?" one asked

"He looks Chinese, I like Chinese men they are very respectful which makes me wonder what he has to do with a dirty ruffian like Keaton ." said another

"I wonder what his net worth is," the third sister said with a grin and all three of the others looked at her.

"Do you not see the limousine," Meesha said refusing to acknowledge the eyes on her.

"Don't mind her Keaton , her Vagina is an ATM machine only taking deposits," Lan said rolling her eyes and fluffing her cloud of blue curls.

"And what are you doing Lan, the man is here to see Keaton not a blueberry tart," Meesha said giggling and before Lan could volley off a comeback the door opened and Zhao walked in.

Twenty four hours wasn't a long time, to most people but it was as if it was the first time Keaton had seen Zhao. The young man stood five foot seven, his face no longer pale but the color of caramel and vanilla mixed together. His irises were still red but with bits of brown in them as well. Keaton hadn't had much time to get the best look at the man but now he saw he was smaller than he remembered. His short curved nose and cupid's bow mouth made him feel warm and unable to speak. Zhao had dressed in a plaid sweater vest over a white button down with form fitting jeans.

"Sorry I'm late it's farther than I thought from South Avalon," Zhao said hurriedly.

"It's Okay really, I was just hanging out with these hags," Keaton said and gestured to the now empty space where the women had been a second ago. He looked around and saw that Lan was setting up cups of coffee and half and half. Meesha was at the counter trying to appear like she wasn't staring at Zhao and Luna was God knows where.

"Hags?" Zhao asked confused

"The Meow Sisters are famous for two things. Delicious deserts and foul mouthed words, so i tease them affectionately," Keaton said and Zhao nodded. Zhao had never been to a place like it. One with such eclectic and eccentric tastes but he couldn't help the smile that danced at the edges of his lips. That half smile was enough to make a grin grow on Kasem's face.