Chapter 10

-- Nightmare felt like he was laying on cold, slightly wet, and not really- compacted, floor. 

He felt as if he was laying on something... sandy...

Nightmare could feel himself shaking in pain and from the cold.
He clutched his eyes, trying to remember what the hell was happening.

When the storm hit his memories, he shot his eyes open. Nightmare sat up quickly, only to groan in pain when his bones ached. He shakily got up, looking around.

What he saw, made his soul sink and stop.
It made his stomach twist up.

Nightmare saw his boat crashed into the sand.
It was broken, smashed in the front.

Nightmare saw a lot of blood on the sand from some of his crew members. He saw dead bodies everywhere, most of them without certain body parts.

"Are you happy now?"
Nightmare whipped around to see Killer, Horror, Dust, and Error sitting down together.

"What?" Nightmare asked. "Everyone else is dead... We're trapped on an island without anything... All because of you..." Dust said. "What do you mean...?" Nightmare asked, his voice soft, slightly cracking.

"You decided to lock everyone up again! All you want to do is be a hero but you know what you truly are!" Killer shot at him, then sighed, tearing up. "Everyone else is dead... Outer'w skull was smashed from impact... Blue's soul was impaled by broken pieces of the boat... Lust... was drained from magic trying... to save the boat... Ink died trying to save Cross... Everyone else was either drowned, killed from impact, or--" Horror was cut off.

"What happened to Cross?" Nightmare asked, his voice as soft as a whisper. "He slipped through the trapped door when you threw Horror down. He wanted to make sure you were safe. Ink went up there too so he could make sure Cross was fine, but they both ended up dead. Cross was impale through the head, to his eye, and Ink was struck through the chest..." Error said, closing his eyes. "But..." Nightmare protested. "Don't! You...! You did this! Everyone that was family to us is dead because you wanted to become a hero! You know exactly what you are! You know what you did! Yet you act like you did nothing! I wish we never met!" Killed yelled, starting to break down.

Nightmare looked at Dust, who was attempting to comfort Killer.
"Dust..." he whispered, but he only got a gare from Dust. "Horror..." Nightmare whispered as he looked at Horror, who was looking down, slightly hugging himself. "Don't talk to me..." Horror barely growled.
Nightmare looked down, then looked at Error.

"E-Error...?" Nightmare's voice cracked. 

"Don't look at me. We're not cool anymore. We're actually nothing," Error said. "Ru-" "Don't even! You are such a terrible person! You killed everyone on that ship just like you did that day!" Error shot at him. "What... are you talking about...?" Nightmare asked. "You know what I mean! You were selfish and took your brother's staff! Now you face the consequences of being-- you!! You left for a new life but you just repeat yourself! You're just selfish! I wish you were just killed by your brother years ago!!" Error raised his voice.

Nightmare teared up, looking away. 

"I'm sorry--" "Don't start this sorry shit! Just go kill yourself or something! It's not like anyone would miss you!" Error growled.

Nightmare felt his soul stop for a split second.

"But..." Nightmare protested. "Nightmare... Just stop... We're done with your half-assed apologies..." Horror said.
Nightmare felt started to feel his soul pounding out of his ribs.
With a blink of an eye, he saw... that day...