Francis's Ending

Imagine That!
Chapter 23
Francis's Ending

I stared at the two hands that were reached out to me...

"I choose..."

My eyes wandered away from the two and I turned to look at Francis.

It was he who was my best friend, he was the one who was seemingly always there.

"You, Francis..." I spoke aloud.

He walked closer and smiled.

I wanted to be in his arms, but he was still carrying Kiku on his back, he was so kind.

Alfred and Allen both stared in disbelief, however it was Allen who showed his anger, Alfred respected my decision at the very least.

"What?" Allen asked, "After all I've fucking sacrificed to get you back and save you?!"

I frowned as I stood in front of Francis, "I was put in this position because of you. If you listened to Oliver and just left me alone, I would have never been caught!"

He smirked as his grip on his bak tightened, "The chip" I narrowed my eyes slightly and touched the back of my head nervously, "What about it?" I asked.

"It helped you, right?" He asked.

I wanted to say no, but in more than one way, it was actually an upgrade for me.

"What do you care?" I asked.

His smile faded, "Damn, if only you were that confident when you let yourself get captured. A damsel in distress isn't really that appealing, ya know."

I felt my face heat up and my once gentle hands, harden into fists, "Why you little-" I was cut off as I felt someone's hand on my shoulder.

"H-He's not worth it..." Spoke Kiku, quietly,

I didn't understand how, but that removed all the anger I had within me.

I looked at Francis and as he gave me a reassuring smile, I exhaled, "Alright, let's go, guys."

"Go?" Allen asked as he turned to swing his bat at me. My eyes widened at the sight, but I felt myself being pulled back at the same time that I heard a gun go off.

It took me a moment to fully comprehend my current situation, but Allen was now lying on the ground before me, he reached one had to me, and looked at me one last time, "I... Just wanted to be with..." He grew quiet, but breathlessly whispered his last word.

"You..."

I felt my heart drop into my stomach upon hearing it, but I have suffered enough... Haven't I?

I turned towards Francis again, we didn't say a word, but I know he understood how I felt.

"You shouldn't underestimate your situation here, all of you are outnumbered so don't try anything, or I might just have to kill you." Ludwig's voice echoed as he warned the three soldiers left standing.

I couldn't bare the dreadful sight anymore, it was just too much. I turned towards Francis and we walked outside together and sat in the van while we waited for the others to follow...

----------

It had been three weeks since... That accident of an adventure...

However, we all managed to push through. For the first week, however, I had nightmares that woke me from my sleep. For the most part, no one other than the guys have noticed my strange behaviour or limping from the wound.