48 - REAL LIFE

~ Y/N ~ 

You glanced at the conversation you and Tom had had a few weeks ago. He was currently on a plane to see you, and to say you were nervous was an understatement. 

You began tapping your foot anxiously on the ground, waiting for him to arrive. Zendaya had continued to encourage you to tell him that you wanted to meet him again, and you finally agreed after you realized that she really was ok with you being with him. 

Suddenly, your phone buzzed in your hand. You glanced down at it and saw that it was a text from Tom, saying that he had just landed. You smiled faintly to yourself as you responded that you were waiting for him at the gate. 

Standing up, you slipped your phone into your back pocket and moved closer to the gate, waiting for Tom. After a few minutes, a group of people came from the gate, and you craned your neck, looking for Tom. 

Finally, you spotted him. He had his head down, hoping to go unnoticed by the crowd. He glanced up occasionally, and he saw you. A smile spread across his face, and he began pushing his way through the crowd. 

"Hey," he said when he reached you. You smiled at him. 

"Hey." 

"Shall we go?" You nodded and both of you started walking through the airport to the baggage claim. As you walked, you felt Tom's hand brush against yours. After a minute, he took your hand, and you smiled as your fingers interlaced. 

After picking up Tom's luggage, you walked back to your car. 

"What now?" Tom asked as he placed his stuff in the back of your car. You shrugged. 

"I figured I'd show you around." He smiled, and your heart fluttered. 

"Sounds like a plan." 

~~~ 

A/N: Shortest chapter ever oof. I'm getting back into the groove lol