Chapter 18

-

Monday morning comes by in a flash, the weekend having zoomed right past Taehyung's eyes. The small boy tugs on his shoes in a hast as he stumbles onto his feet, trying to stay balanced while his roommate just amusedly stares at him. 

"What," Taehyung huffs in frustration, standing upright with his hands on his hips and staring back at the ravenette. 

Jungkook shakes his head, acting casual. "Nothing, just wondering if you needed help."

Taehyung furrows his eyebrows, slightly offended. "I can put on my own shoes!"

Jungkook holds his hands up in mock surrender, "I never said you couldn't."

Taehyung narrows his eyes, waiting for the catch. 

"But you're so short, I was wondering if you needed help reaching."

Taehyung gasps, "H-hey, I'm not short!"

Jungkook's eyes crinkle with mirth. "Sure, and pigs can fly."

Taehyung crosses his arms tightly across his chest before marching off, "I'm going to class."

Jungkook leaps up and slings his arm around the small boy. "Don't leave,  you're supposed to protect me," he says in a teasing tone while gesturing to the pouring rain outside. 

Taehyung scowls, "silly," he mumbles under his breath. The blue-head half expects Jungkook to lash out at him for calling him names but the boy does no such thing, instead, he once again surprises the smaller by letting out a throaty chuckle. 

The sound causes Taehyung's heart to waver and his cheeks light aflame. He clenches his fists, frustrated by his own reaction. 

Taehyung, you fool, stop letting your emotions play with you, he doesn't like you. 

Taehyung gently brushes the other aside and continues heading towards the door, muttering a small, "I'm leaving," as he heads out the door.

Jungkook stands in the empty room, staring blankly at the closed door. 

Did I do something wrong?

But Jungkook's no fool, deep down he knows that Taehyung was hurt by him, hurt by his words, his actions and probably even his mere presence. Any time he got close to the boy he would hurt him by pushing him away.

Jungkook had called him so many horrid names, had hurt him physically and emotionally, for god's sake, Jungkook had even poured a cup of damn coffee on him! 

 So it makes sense why the other was trying to avoid being so close with him. He just didn't want to be hurt. 

Jungkook looks down, sighing heavily. He feels like he's being ripped apart by his own indecisiveness. Something about Taehyung is just so alluring, making the ravenette want to chase after him and keep him close. But at the end of the day, Taehyung is a boy and that admittedly scares Jungkook. 

Jungkook is scared to like a boy. Scared to be gay. 

But something about the small blue-haired boy makes him want to be braver, to face his fears. He doesn't have to be scared.

Right..?

~

Ms song, the nice cheery Bible studies teacher. 

She's fucking scary when she's pissed.  

"I GAVE YOU ALL ONE JOB AND YOU PUT NO EFFORT WHAT SO EVER! YOU GO TO SUCH A PRESTIGIOUS SCHOOL LIKE HELVILE HIGH SO IT IS EXPECTED OF YOU TO KEEP YOUR WORK UP TO STANDARD!"