Nosferatu -Ereri-

EREN'S POV

"Hey did you hear about that guy who was murdered? They say his head was completely ripped off!" Some idiot villager rambled on. I cant believe these people, murders happen all the time, so why bother talking about them. They sure didn't talk about my mother's death this much.

I glared at the half drunken idiots, making sure not to catch their stupid as I passed. Its been three years since my mother passed away, she was killed by some beast. No one knows what it was that killed her, but...it had to have been something very big and aggressive. The only thing left behind was her blood and pieces of clothing. My life was ruined that day and never have I been the same.

The only thing that keeps me living are my friends, Mikasa and Armin, they are my only reason to stay alive. And if anything were to happen to them I'd probably lose it and kill myself. They're my family and I'm theirs.

I saved Mikasa years before my mother was killed, but her parents didn't make it through the whole endever. She was the only one left, so we took her in. Making her feel at home the best we could, and then we met Armin. He was new to the village and was all alone, kids bullied him and would beat him up so we helped out. He saw us as hero's, but we weren't. We're liars, thieves, killers, if anything, we're the villains in this fairy tale story.

We were poor, so we had to steal and lie, but I can never forget the night I killed those men who took the lives of Mikasa's parents. Filthy dogs, the world would be so much better off with out them.

But, now its over and done with, I'm 16 now and I need to move on, forget the past and live in the future. I need to help out the family and try to make it through winter. Without Mikasa and I, our whole world would fall apart. My dad doesn't work, he only sits on the couch and sleeps, I currently have a job at the pub and Mikasa stays home to clean. I wish Mother was here to see how useless dad's become and slap some sense into him.

Its November now, the air's cold and the snow has fallen, it crunching under my feet as I walked. I was heading to the forest, going to gather more wood, if Mikasa was going to cook I need to get some now. I started heading off the trail, knowing there was some better wood down by the creek. Of course its probably frozen by now, so no one will be there. I love the cold weather, the feeling of being numb, the same feeling I had when I almost died.

It was a peaceful feeling, nice and comforting, knowing that I would be gone from this God forsaken world. I wanted to die, I did, but the people around me had a different plan. I was dying from the flu, it had taken many lives before then and it was finally my turn. But Mikasa nursed me, helped me, told me I was going to be ok and I was going to live, and I did. I told her many times to save our resources and leave, not to get sick herself but that only made her stay with me more.

I'm alive and well, living in this hell until its my time to go. I know I shouldn't be so ready to leave but I am, and its not unnatural. It cant be, I know I cant be the only one, I just cant.

As I made my way through the trees and fallen branches I began to hear the faint sound of running water,"Strange, it should be frozen by now." I whispered walking past a tree. I continued walking and finally reached the creek, seeing holes punctured through the top,"What the hell?" I asked looking around. Never had I seen something like this, it stretched all the way across the creek, holes as big as feet, stomped into the ice.

I began to feel my arm get tired so I slung the bag I hand on my should off and onto the snow covered grass. I looked over to the side and saw a bolder, deciding to have a break, I sat down,"Hah~" I breathed, my breath forming a small puff of smoke that disappeared just as it came. I let my head fall as I was getting used to the cold air, feeling quite comforted by my surroundings. Right when I was about to smile, I heard a branch break, the snap echoing off of the trees.