Chapter 8

LEVI'S POV

"I love you." I sobbed.

I clung to Eren's body, his heart beating and lungs expanding. I looked up to Eren's face and noticed his skin was still pale, and his horns were still upon his head,"W-why aren't you back to normal?" I asked. It was directed to me as a question, more than it was to him. But Eren took it that way, his head fell and his eyes began to water,"I-I'm sorry Levi...." He trailed off.

"I-I disobeyed you...e-even from the beginning! And for that....I'm sorry!" He cried. I pulled him into my chest as he cried,"Please don't leave me again." I whispered.

"I promise." He sobbed, holding onto my shirt for dear life. I held onto him as if I didn't, he would disappear into thin air. His warmth was little to none and his eyes were bloody red, this is Eren....I-I just feel as if somethings wrong and it's going to cause a terrible feat in the end. But now's not the time to think about such things...I have him back.

Eren's arms slipped from my shoulders, the slowness making me worry,"O-oi! Eren!" I yelled pulling back. His head was layed back, exposing his throat. I grabbed his chin and pulled his head forward yelling,"Eren!! Open your eyes!!" His eyes slowly fluttered open and he smiled,"Y-you know...I could really use a drink right now. My body is so weak." He whispered hoarsely.

I laughed sadly and said,"Ok, I'll carry you. Just relax." He nodded, his eyes closing once more. I slipped my arms under his legs and back, giving his body support as if he were a child. I lifted him up, his weight distinguishably low, I placed my hand at the base of his shirt and slipped it up, revealing his ribs the middle of his chest was a scorching black, as if the flower left a burn,"Levi...don't worry." Eren croaked.

I quickly looked back to him and asked,"W-when was the last time you've eaten?" He was quiet for a second then said,"The day after I was taken...." My heart sank,"Y-you really think you can change don't you." I whispered. He nodded and said,"I know I will." I could feel my tears coming again but even before I could cry, I felt a soft kiss placed of my cheek,"And when I'm changed back, we can live happily."

I smiled warmingly and walked down the stairs, hearing nothing but my footsteps. I could feel Eren's body just mold into mine, his heart beat was slowed and his breathing was barely audible. I would never have expected to see him like this, my queen. The one who would play for me, the one who would sing and dance with me. The one who loved me.

As I got to the end of the stairs, I heard sobbing. It was Samuel, he left when the flower melted into a black ooze and was submerged into Eren's chest. I wouldn't blame him, I was scared too, I guess he told everyone what happened because they were crying too. Mikasa looked up quickly and ran to me, grabbing Eren from my arms,"Oh my god!! Eren!!" She cried. She was on her knees, cradling him like a baby who was once loved but now gone.

I watched as he lifted his hand and placed it on her cheek, she gasped in surprise, her eyes wide and face pale. Her tears fell softly as she stared down into his eyes,"E-eren?" She cried. He nodded and caressed her cheek softly,"I'm here Mikasa...I-I'm here.'' He whispered. Her face was scrunched up in sorrow,"Eren!!" She screamed.

She pulled him into her chest, crying out in pain, for she thought she had lost her brother to thing she lost her mother. He hugged her tightly, smiling as she shook with tears,"It's ok Mikasa...I-I'm not going to leave you again. I promise." His voice cracked with each word, tears welling up in his own eyes.

She smiled, wiping her tears away as she hugged him,"I'm so glad you're ok. Eren, I cant live without you." She whispered. I was happy, Eren's back. He's alive and we can be together once more. I looked to the back of his shirt and saw blood, stained on the white cloth,''Oi!" I yelled, walking over to them quickly. I grabbed the hem of his shirt and lifted it up, revealing a deep gash,"Eren...w-why didn't you tell me about this?" I asked, my voice dark and low.