Chapter 6

EREN'S POV

The morning had finally come, it was the day of the ball. The day that I might be slayed or the day I be brought into the castle's kingdom forever. Too bad I don't plan on staying there for too long to do either of those.

I woke to the sound of crows, the evil cackle they laughed as they watched me as I scrambled in fear. The darkness had consumed me and I was drowning in the blood of my beloved. They laughed as I jumped out of bed in fright, and laughed as my breath quickened from terror,"A dream....hah...i-it was all a dream." I breathed.

I looked over to the window and saw the crows who woke me,"I should have known it was you." I hissed. I got out of my bed and walked to the door of the window, swinging it open quickly, scaring the two birds away,"That's enough of you today. I already have enough on my hands." I sighed. I looked over to my dresser, picking out a nice pair of pants and a nice shirt.

"I really need to talk to Isabelle about this whole thing." I whispered.

I walked to my door and just as I was about to open it, there was a knock,"U-uh...w-who is it?" I asked, stepping back a bit.

"Its The King. I would like a word with you." He said through the door. I quickly grabbed the handles and said,"O-of course sire!" I pulled the door open, and there he stood, robe and all,''Ahhh, Eren. You look very dashing with your new appearance. I never knew of the potential one could have. Do they feel weird?"

I was confused for a second then said,"Oh! You mean my horns! U-uh...well, they don't really hurt, but my head does feel heavier than usual. But by now, its somewhat bearable, so its not a burden." He nodded with a smile,"I fully expect to see you at the ball, dressed nicely and have a song to play. I'm sorry if this is short notice, but do play. Its part of the initiation to become part of the castle's inhibitors."

I smiled, trying to hide the hate that's begging to come out and lash at this lying man,"It's not a bother at all. Farlan informed me yesterday. And, Isabelle reminded me how to play the cello. All is well so there is no need for any type of worry."

The king nodded and moved aside, motioning for me to follow. I walked with him down the hall and up the stairs to his office,"I heard you used to be at some other man's estate. Who might that man be...Eren?" He asked as he opened the door.

"W-why? I-Is there something wrong?" I asked cautiously. He peered over his side and said,''I asked you a question. It is your sworn duty to answer me, not ask questions or think twice about it. Who is that man?" He asked, spit flying from his mouth as he spoke with anger. I stepped back and abruptly bumped into an object, the back of my head hitting metal,"The King is speaking to you." Someone growled.

I looked up to see a man in armor,"W-whats the meaning of this?" I asked quickly. The King turned around and grabbed me at my throat, hoisting me into the air as he sneered,"You have no idea of what is happening around you boy. You're a fool who was given a second chance at life, I might as well tell you of my plans since you're stuck here for eternity."

He threw me back, my body hitting into the armor once more,"Ahh." I hissed. He walked over to my body, lying on the floor. I looked up to his snickering face. He slammed his heel on my foot as I gasped out in pain, smoke started to rise from my wound,"Even your healing ability is extraordinary." He smiled wickedly.

I scowled up at The King, speaking in a menacing tone,"No wonder everyone wants to leave. You're a cruel and wicked man who uses people against others who are against you and your ways. Even if you gather a hundred to a thousand men for this war you're scheming, they will all rise against you in the end. They will kill the one who gave them immortality. How faithful is that?"