Chapter 1- Plan

Warnings: None

June 2024, Midtown High, Age 16.

Peter's POV:

It was the last week of school, eight months after the events of Thanos snapping his fingers and eight months after Mr Stark was gone.

"Gone; but not forgotten." Betty Brant concluded after the short video tribute for the Avengers who had died.

"Thanks to Kenneth Laymour and Ian Reymor for their help on this video tribute." Jason Ionello added.

"This year has been nothing short of—"

"**** crazy. Like, it's insane."

"Jason."

"What?"

"No swearing."

"It's like the last day of school, we're good."

"Historic." Betty said. "Over five years ago, half of all life in the universe, including our own Midtown High, was wiped from existence."

I remembered that horrible moment on Titan, when Cassie has turned to dust in front of me, and then when I turned to dust.

"But eight months ago, a band of brave heroes brought us back." Betty added with a smile over the school's television. "They called it the Blip. "Those of us who blipped away came back the same age, but the ones who didn't blip grew 5 years older."

"Yeah, like my little brother is now older than me." Jason commented.

"Yeah, that's just math. And even though we had blipped away halfway through the school year and we had already taken midterms, the school made us start our year all over again." Betty continued.

"Totally unfair." Jason commented.

"Tigers, it's been a long, dramatic and somewhat confusing road. But as we draw this year to a close, it's time to move on with a new phase of our lives." Betty concluded.

"Pray that nothing crazy happens again because... are the Avengers even a thing anymore? Does anyone even have a plan?" Jason finished.

I sat down at a table with my best friend Ned.

"Alright, I have a plan." I told him. "Okay, first, I sit next to Cassie on the flight."

"Okay.." Ned replied, following along.

"Second, I buy a dual headphone adapter and watch movies with her for the entire time." I listed off.

Ned nodded.

"Third, when we go to Venice, Venice is famous for making stuff out of glass, right?" I continued.

"True." Ned agreed.

"So I'll buy her a Chrysanthemum necklace, because it's her favourite flower." I said.

"Right." Ned replied.

"Four, when we go to Paris, I'm going to take her to the top of the Eiffel Tower, give her the necklace..." I said.

"Oh." Ned commented.

"Six, I'm going to tell her how I feel and... hopefully she feels the same way." I finished.

"And don't forget step 7." Ned added.

"Step 7.." I said, thinking about what I was missing.

"Don't do any of that." Ned specified.

I looked up at Ned, confused.