Chapter 2- Flight to Venice

Warnings: None

June 2024; Queens, NY; Age 15.

Cassie's POV:

Now the morning after MJ had found out my secret, it was 9:30 am. I went downstairs and got some breakfast before MJ got to my place and I opened the door. When I shut the door and her parents left, I turned to MJ.

"Save the questions for when we get to my room." I said.

When we did get to my room, as expected, MJ asked every question she had at once.

"Slow down a little!" I exclaimed.

"Okay, sorry. So do you have your old suit?" She asked me.

I reached into my closet and pulled out the old suit that Stark had made for me when I met him. MJ looked at the suit in amazement.

"You should bring your suit to Europe, you know, just in case anything bad happens." MJ suggested.

I looked down at my suit, my iron suit, which was in a cage, with magic surrounding it. On the top, the words 'Iron Enchanter charging, do not unplug' were projected above it. I looked back down at my other suit, still on my bed.

"I-I don't know..." I answered.

MJ shrugged as we began packing my own suitcase. I was only bring one suitcase this time around instead of two. I finished my layer of t-shirts and turned to my door.

"Reach into my closet, and grab two hoodies and pack them in my suitcase." I said.

MJ nodded.

"Where are you going?" She asked me.

"Getting snacks." I answered before leaving my room.

After an hour of packing, my stuff was packed and MJ left my house. I closed up my suitcase and put it aside. My phone buzzed again; once again, no caller ID. I continued to ignore the call and stared into my mirror and into my own hot pink eyes.

"I really need this vacation. I need a break." I mumbled.

Peter's apartment.

Peter's POV:

As I was packing my suitcase, my phone rings again. I ignored the call and glanced into my closet, where I saw my old suit. I shut my closet door before Aunt May walked by.

"Hungry?" She asked.

Before I could react, she tossed the banana and hit me with it, making me jump. She covered her mouth, holding back her laughter.

"I am so sorry! I thought you could sense that with your... Peter Tingle." She said.

"Please, do not start calling it my Peter Tingle." I said.

"So what's up? You can dodge bullets but not bananas?" She asked me.

"Look, I just really need this vacation." I answered.

Aunt May hugged me tightly.

"You deserve it." She said.

She began walking out the door.

"You should bring your suit with you. I have a tingle about it." She said.

"Please stop saying 'tingle' May!" I exclaimed.

I looked back at my iron spider suit, with was charging, and looked back into my closet, where my old suit was.

"No." I said.