Chapter 9- New Suit

Warnings: None.

2024, Netherlands, Age 15.

Cassie's POV:

I had no idea how long it had been, but I woke up in what looked like a prison cell, my head resting on Peter's shoulder, and Peter had also just woken up. We were both bruised from when that train had hit us.

"Hi." Some guy next to Peter said, making me jump.

"Where are we?" Peter asked.

"Municipal holding facility." Another guy, next to me, answered.

"They said they found you two unconscious at the train yard. Very dangerous." The first guy said.

"We have you the shirts because you seemed a bit cold." A third guy added.

It was then that I noticed and Peter and I had short kind of just on us.

"Thanks. You guys are really nice." I said.

"You speak really good English." Peter added.

"Welcome to the Netherlands." The three of them stated.

Peter and I sat up.

"We're in the Netherlands right now?" I asked.

"Yup." The first guy answered.

Peter and I stood up and approached the bars.

"Guard?" Peter called out.

"The guard's on a break. Probably talking to his wife." The first guy informed us.

"Yeah. She's pregnant." The second guy replied.

The three guys began having a conversation in Dutch as Peter and I looked at each other nervously. Peter broke the lock with his one hand and opened the cell door, before both of us walked out. As we went through the hallway, we saw the guard, on the phone, wearing Peter's mask. We ignored it and continued walking until we got out of the building, where it appeared to be some sort of farm. My breathing got heavier as Peter and I walked over to some farmer; I was anxious.

"Excuse me, can we borrow your phone?" Peter asked the farmer.

The farmer handed his phone to Peter.

"Everyone here is so nice." Peter mumbled.

"Yeah." I mumbled back.

Peter thought about who to call and looked at my as I mouthed the words 'call Happy' and he dialled in Happy's number.

"Okay, pick up, pick up..." Peter mumbled. "Hey! Hey. Uh... Cassie and I messed up. We need... we need a ride... where are we?"

We both turned to the farmer.

"Excuse me, where are we?" Peter asked him.

"Het is Broek op Langedijk." The farmer responded.

Peter looked at me, having no clue what he had just said. I silently shook my head.

"Hang on, could you say that into there?" Peter asked the farmer, handing him the phone.

"Hi, it's Broek op Langedijk." The farmer said into the phone.

"Thank you." I mumbled.

"Did you get that?" Peter asked Happy over the phone.

***

Peter and I made our way through a tulip field until we saw a jet land, and the door opened, revealing Happy.

"Peter? Cassie? Are you guys okay?" Happy asked us.