Chapter 8- Truth and Lies

Warnings: None.

2024, Berlin, Age 15.

Cassie's POV:

Peter and I finally got to Berlin, Germany, and we went around, trying to find Fury.

"Excuse me..." Peter asked some woman, who ran off.

We saw a car, parked at a curb as Fury rolled the window down. Peter and I got in the car and Fury drove off.

"You kids have a lot of explaining to do." Fury said to us.

"Fury, we really need to talk to you!" I exclaimed.

"Wait until we're secure." Fury ordered.

He glared at Peter, who didn't have his seatbelt on. Peter frantically tried to put his seatbelt on, snapping it in the process. I quietly facepalmed at this sight until Fury pulled over next to the giant building, and led me and Peter through the headquarters, to a conference room, where Maria Hill was also standing.

"So, is there anything you or your girlfriend would like to share with us?" Fury asked Peter.

"Listen, I know we made a mistake, and I'm sorry. But Beck is not who you think he is." Peter explained.

"Beck is a liar. Mysterio, the Elementals; it's all fake." I added.

"He uses some sort of illusion tech and that's how he managed to trick you guys and trick us into giving him EDITH." Peter continued.

I tossed the projector onto the table in front of them.

"It's a projector. I pulled it off the fire monster in Prague." I said.

"So all of the destruction that we witnessed was created by this?" Hill asked us.

"Not just that. We think he might be using drones." Peter answered.

"Well, if this is true then Beck's very dangerous and we need to be smart." Hill stated.

I nodded my head in agreement.

"Who else did you tell about this?" Fury asked us.

I stayed silent, unsure if it was the best idea to tell them, but Peter wasn't answering either. I could tell his spider senses were acting up.

"Peter?" I asked.

"Parker! Roxi!" Fury shouted.

"It's Beck! He's here!" Peter exclaimed.

"What?" Fury asked.

Hill then began to disappear, like an illusion turning off.

"Hill?" Fury asked, turning to her.

"No, it's just an illusion!" Peter and I exclaimed.

Something then shot Fury.

"Fury!" I shouted.

"Wow, kids. Wow." Beck's voice echoed.

Peter and I looked around, trying to find Beck.

"I thought we were close." Beck said. "Fury always had to die. But not you two."

"Stop hiding Beck!" Peter demanded.

"Show yourself!" I shouted after.

We turned around and saw several drones behind us. Peter shot his webs and I threw some balls at the drones but both of us missed. The drones disappeared and another illusion seemed to come into play.

"I tried to help you guys walk away." Beck's voice continued to echo. "And now, you're making me do this."

Peter was now in his original suit that Stark had given him before the iron suit and it was the same for me.