Chapter 10- You Can't Trick Us Anymore

Warnings: None.

2024, London, Age 16.

Peter's POV:

"Okay, so, what's the plan?" Happy asked me and Cassie.

"Well, we know that it's all illusion tech, so Cassie and I just have to go into the illusion and lift it." I explained.

"And then finding Beck; he's just a guy. So we could take the EDITH glasses right from him." Cassie finished.

"Yeah; except last time you guys got hit by a train." Happy reminded us.

"This time, I don't think Beck plans on screwing around with my powers." Cassie said.

"I have like a sixth sense..." I started.

"The Peter-Tingle." Happy interrupted.

Cassie gave us both a confused look.

"Well, yeah.." I answered.

"But apparently it's not working." Happy said.

"It is working... well, I don't know if it's working." I replied.

"Great. So while I get your friends, you get that Peter-Tingle online." Happy explained to me.

Cassie, who was still looking at me confused, nodded her head in agreement. She went to the cockpit to put her suit on and I turned to Happy.

"If anything happens to me..." I said as I pulled the necklace from my pocket. "I want you to give this to Cassie."

"You're going to make it through this, and you're going to give it to her yourself." Happy replied, giving me back the necklace.

"Almost ready?" Cassie asked from the other end of the jet.

***

"Earpiece test. Can you both hear me?" Happy asked us, while we were sticking to the side of the jet.

"Yeah. Except it's really loud out here." I answered, the wind blowing into my face.

Right by the bridge, we saw grey and red smoke emerging.

"Are you sure that's not real?" Happy asked us.

"That's all illusion tech. But it's just way bigger than we expected." Cassie answered.

"Same plan?" Happy asked.

Cassie and I looked at each other, and nodded.

"Same plan." We both confirmed.

"We need to fly really high up so Beck can't see us." I said.

"Got it. Stay sticky." Happy replied.

The jet began steering upwards. I turned to Cassie, who began to slip and fall, not having the sticky powers that I have. I grabbed her arm and the jet levelled out straight again.

"Happy, we need to have a serious conversations about you and my aunt..." I began before both me and Cassie flew off the jet.

I activated my web wings while Cassie flew beside me, as we flew towards the massive elemental next to the bridge.

"Oh, it's not real, it's not real, it's not real!" I exclaimed repeatedly.

We fell through the illusion onto some drones.

"Woah..." Cassie mumbled, looking around.

We turned to each other and I stood up, before placing a web on one projector and jumping from drone to drone while Cassie blasted her stickies (as she called them) onto other drones. After hitting every drones except for two, I landed on one and she landed on the other.