Chapter 7- Projector

Warnings: None

2024, Prague, Age 16.

Peter's POV:

Cassie and I returned to the hotel, where I met up with Ned.

"Oh my god... Peter, we almost died." Ned said, relieved that we were both okay.

"Dude. I'm done with the mission." I told him.

"Dude, the trip's over." Ned said, his smile fading.

"What?" I asked.

"Peter, everywhere we go, there are monsters. Of course our parents will want us home." Ned said.

"Oh Peter! Thank god you're not dead!" Mr Harrington exclaimed.

"Babe?" Betty called Ned from across the hotel.

"Coming babe." Ned replied before running to Betty's room.

I saw MJ close the door to her and Cassie's room and began walking towards it. Before I could knock, Cassie opened the door.

"Oh, uh, hey." She said, kind of startled.

"Hey.." I replied awkwardly.

There was an awkward silence.

"So... did you want to go out for a bit? I mean... it's our last night in Europe.." I asked.

"Meet me down in the lobby in a minute." She answered.

She shut the door and I grabbed my things and went down to the lobby. Less than a minute later, she arrived as well.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." Cassie replied, smiling.

We left the hotel and walked down the little bridge. It was an awkward walk until Cassie broke the silence.

"So... what's up?" She asked.

"Well, it's our last night in Europe.. and I had this plan.." I began to explain. "You know what? I'm just going to get straight to the point."

I pulled out the little box where I had the necklace stored. Cassie looked at it confused, then back at me.

"Cassie... I.. well.." I began, struggling to form words.

I stayed silent, trying to think of the best way to say what I'm about to say.

"Take your time." She joked.

"Sorry.. Cassie.. I..."

"Am Spider-Man?" Someone asked behind us.

We turned around and saw MJ standing there.

"What? No.. of course not." I denied.

"Well I've been watching you for a while.. it's... kind of obvious." MJ said.

"I'm not Spider-Man.." I denied again.

"MJ, what are you doing out here?" Cassie asked.

"I was just walking by and I happened to see you guys." MJ answered.

MJ turned back to me.

"It said on the news that it was Night-Monkey and Skylighter. And the news... never lies." I said.

Cassie stood there awkwardly.

"Huh." MJ replied as she reached into her backpack. "Do Spider-Man and Night-Monkey use the same webs?" She asked me, pulling out a strange device.

"I don't know. Maybe he's a spider-monkey." I answered.

"Where did you get that thing?" Cassie asked.