Chapter 11- News

Warnings: Frick.

2024, London, Age 15.

Cassie's POV:

"So it's over..." I mumbled, turning to Beck, who was now dead.

"Yeah..." Peter said.

We were both out of breath. This was supposed to be a nice vacation but Beck screwed the whole thing up. As I turned away to find our friends, Peter stopped me.

"Cassie, hold on."

I turned to him, confused, as he made his way over to me.

"Remember in Prague, when I said I wanted to talk to you, and I just couldn't find the words that I was looking for?" He asked me.

"And then when you did, MJ interrupted us? Yeah, I do." I answered. "Why?"

"Well, as we spent more time together, I've..." Peter began.

He was once again unable to find his sentence. Instead of doing so, he pulled out a bag; the same bag he had in Venice. He handed the bag to me, and I opened it up, revealing a glass necklace of my favourite flower, the Chrysanthemum, as a glass necklace; but it was broken, probably from the intense battle that had just occurred.

"Oh no... it's broken..." Peter mumbled, sounding sad.

I let go of the bag and held the pieces in my hand, using my powers to essentially sew the necklace back together with my energy.

"Not anymore." I said, holding the necklace up.

Peter smiled.

"I really like you Cassie. I have for a long time." Peter finally said.

I looked at him, still holding the necklace.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah." Peter said before his smile disappeared. "I've just never been sure if you liked me back and..."

I leaned in and kissed him, which shocked Peter but he did it as well. We pulled away, smiling.

"I really like you too." I said.

I ran to Peter and wrapped my arms around him, before he did the same with me. When we pulled away, we both got changed into our normal outfits and managed to join our class on the next flight to Queens, with the rest of our class. About halfway through the flight home, I woke up from a nap, and realized that Peter's head was resting on my shoulder. Peter woke up suddenly and looked up at me, before we both smiled and fell back asleep on each other.

***

Queens, Age 15.

Peter and I walked into the airport after our flight.

"You don't think anyone else has figured it out, do you?" Peter asked me.

"Yeah; it's not like many people pay attention to us." I answered.

"Ouch." Peter replied.

"Except for each other; we pay attention to each other." I corrected.

Peter smiled.

"You better not be late." I said.

"I won't be late. Don't worry." Peter reassured me.

Ned and Betty walked up to us.

"You guys are so cute." Betty commented.

"Thanks. We were thinking we could all... you know.. go on a double date or something." Peter said.