Soul

Running with that body was not at all easy, imagine running with a costume that hinders you in any movement, here, as you think is not at all pleasant. Now not that Crowley wanted to complain too much, just that if you're running with a soul in a jar, chased by an archangel who wants you dead, maybe a minimum of agility would be appreciated.

His throat was burning like never before in his entire existence, every step was a challenge to gravity and the surrounding environment, all mixed with a good dose of nausea derived from the fact that Newt didn't like heights was making escape more difficult than expected. "We have to find a place to hide, we won't last much longer," gasped the boy who had regained control and held the bottle in his hands so tightly that his knuckles were bleached. It was out of the corner of his eye that Newt saw the writing on the door. Years and years of cruel games during gymnastics had trained him to see anything that might come at him or that might be important for his physical health. In pompous characters on the door they read "Hall of Worlds" and he rushed in and dragged the other two celestials with him, whether they wanted to or not. "I think we'll be safe here for a while," gasped Newt, who collapsed on the door as soon as it closed. "Nice work, boy," said the demon who was recovering lying at the bottom of his thoughts. Aziraphale's soul in its container was wonderful to behold, sometimes changing color without warning but what it constantly did was to make you feel better as soon as you looked at it. Although Aziraphale wasn't physically with them, her presence alone made both demon and human beings feel a little calmer. Well... As much as that was possible.

the hall of the worlds was actually a dark, endless corridor. The only thing present were the white doors on the walls and some even on the ceiling. The footsteps echoed strangely muffled in the air creating a sort of surreal sound. As they advanced in the darkness from some of the doors they heard noise, sometimes banging, sometimes whispering indistinctly. They continued along the corridor for a while immersed in an atmosphere.

The crystal clear laughter reached Crowley's ears like fresh water for those who had been in the desert. The unmistakable laughter of his angel. He took control of Netw's body and put his hand on the door knob from which he came, slowly turning the handle. For a moment the light blinded him then he found himself in a small cafe. Sitting at a table a Aziraphale and a Crowley were having a pleasant conversation, drinking a black coffee and a chamomile tea. They smiled happily, and looked at each other with infinite love. Everything around them seemed in the right place, everything about them was perfect. But there was something missing in that scene, and as soon as he realized what was missing for the first time in a long time, tears came streaming up to his eyes without waiting an instant. The celestial aura wasn't there. They were simple humans. All those doors were worlds, alternative possibilities, other places where important choices had been made differently and had created another life. He couldn't stop looking at them, he wanted that happiness, he wanted that love. The idea flashed in his mind in an instant and gave birth to a little hope in him. He looked at the bottle in his hands, and thought carefully about the words he was about to say. "Aziraphale, don't they look happy? Doesn't it seem like things are perfect here?" the form of pure light shone brighter for a few moments in response, Aziraphale felt the love of that place enter into him and give him new strength. The soul basked in that feeling for a few moments, and thought what it would be like if the two of them were born in that world, and yes, it would definitely be wonderful. "What if we took their bodies," the question that came from Crowley brought him back to the present and shocked him. "Listen angel this is not our world but it can become our world, we can be happy here, we can do what we want, we can think about us, no more wars or end of the world, just a life together" the bottle quivers for a moment, the idea resonated in the angel's head like the sweetest of invitations, he just wanted to be able to shout yes. From the outside the conflict that happened in the angel was clear but it was not a simple conflict, it was a decision that could change their destiny, but at what price. Would he really have been able to steal a life?

The more the angel thought about the life that he could have the more the light of his soul became dim and darkened, panic invaded the demon and the human holding it between their fingers, the heart of that body began to beat like a horse in the middle of a race and didn't even seem to want to hint at diminishing, they turned around and awkwardly opened the door halfway down the corridor just before. Aziraphale's soul was lost, now she was almost a black light, consumed by herself, by her own thoughts that went against everything she had done in her life. Crowley on his knees advanced a few more steps out the door and brought the bottle to his chest, he knew what was happening, Aziraphale was about to fall and it would have been all his fault, if he hadn't opened that door, if he hadn't tempted him with those thoughts nothing would have happened. "Aziraphale, come back to me. Don't go," said the demon in a breath, "I know I said many things beyond that door, and we could be happy, but this is my world. This is our world. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else, because everything we've done is here, everything I feel for you is here, and now. And whatever you do, wherever we are, I'm blessed! But I'll keep you with me no matter what, even if I have to save you from yourself. Stupid angel, come back to me, for you know I will not be without you." Now he was bent over the bottle as if he could protect her from the world. He was pouring everything he felt for the angel into that tiny piece of space. For the angel it was like being struck by lightning, the demon's words and the cascade of love he felt brought him back, he didn't care about what he could have, he cared about what he had. The little soul warmed up, became crystal clear in a few moments, and became filled with love.

Newt regained control over his body and calmly got up without looking at the bottle, there was no need to look to confirm that it had returned as before the light filtered through his fingers and illuminated the surrounding space. "Guys, we need a plan, we need a body. Where do we find one?" He didn't have time for any answers, a lot of doors up, the one they came in through, opened wide and an angry angel came in. Gabriel looked at them with the certainty that these two would now be in his clutches. All those doors led to other worlds but not to the places those fugitives needed. The archangel ajar closed his eyes and took a step towards them "Well, well, well. Looks like you won't get that far."