11 November, Monday 08:30

Going to class is difficult when you are in the mood to be alone. I try to get out of bed, but I physically can't. It feels like there's a massive weight on my chest and I can't move.

"Sander, come on. You will be late for class," my mother calls from downstairs.

"I'm not going to class!" I yell back.

"Fine, you can skip today. But tomorrow you are going back," she says. She leaves for work and I'm all alone.

I cover my comforter over my head and sit like that for what feels like hours. My stomach rumbles and my bladder feels like it's going to burst, but I don't move. I want to stay under the comforter forever, where I'm safe from the outside world. The doorbell rings and I ignore it. It rings again and I try to drown out the noise with my pillow. My phone vibrates and it is Britt calling me.

"Hey, I'm outside. Let me in," she says.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at school?" I ask.

"It's lunch time and I felt like skipping class. Now open the door, please," she begs.

I sigh and get out of bed and open the door. Her face is concerned as she touches my forehead.

"Wow, you are boiling. Are you feeling sick?" she asks.

"No, I'm fine," I lie. I run to the bathroom, because I'm in so much pain that I could cry.

Britt waits for me in my room and looks at the mess. She sits on the unmade bed and plays with lint from her coat.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her.

"You're my boyfriend. I'm just checking up on you, because I love you," she says. I cringe at her words.

"Ok, well you can go now," I say rudely.

"No, you can't push me away this time. I'm staying here until you tell me what's wrong," she says firmly.

I roll my eyes and sit next to her.

"Well I guess you are staying here forever then," I reply.

"So you really won't tell me?" Britt asks.

"Nope," I answer.

She takes my hand and rubs her thumb over it.

"I hope you know that I love you and I'm worried about you. I have never seen you like this and I don't know what to do," she sobs next to me.

I wipe her tears away and lift her chin to look at me.

"Britt, I'll be fine. I'm just having a rough time at the moment," I say.

"Ok," she sniffles.

I don't like seeing people sad, because it makes me feel sad too. I take her face in my hands and kiss her. It's not the same as Robbe's, but it is better than being alone.

"I love you too, Britt. You don't have to worry so much about me. I have been through worse," I say.

She nods her head and rests it on my shoulder. We sit like that for a few moments and I get up.

"Ok, but you need to go back to class. I don't want to be the reason for you failing," I say.

She gets up, hugs me tightly, and places one last kiss on my lips. I walk her to the door and say goodbye. After she leaves, I fall back into bed and watch YouTube videos to distract myself.