Chapter Eight

Rei

In the corner of the sports hall laid the sports cupboard. It was behind a huge metal door that could be slid open. Rei approached the handle on the right-hand side. With all of her might, she gave it a tug that felt like the strength of a huge brown bear. In actual fact, it was the strength of a mere weasel. The door did not want to budge for her.

Looking embarrassed, flustered and turning pink-cheeked, Rei turned to face the group. "Hey guys, I think it's locked." She nervously chuckled. Logan stepped over to the handle. Rei watched in anticipation at what looked like just a flick of the finger. The door slammed so far open that it almost flew off the hinges. "Well, it's not anymore." Logan grinned.

Rummaging through piles of basketballs and footballs, Rei could not find a single useful thing. Bella found her trusty hockey stick, and Milo had 5 javelins in a bag over his shoulders. "I wonder who I will kill first!" began Milo, practising stabbing with one of his javelins. "Maybe that Arthas kid?" Suggested Bella. "I really don't like him."
"Nah. I was thinking more like that clumsy dork. You know... Megumi."

Harry, who had been with them the whole time perked up at the sound of Megumi's name. "Hey, Hazza." Said Logan trying to attract Harry's attention. "Didn't you have a crush on her?"
"Is that true?" Milo pondered. Silence drifted by from Harry. "Well, I wonder if you will think the same when we spill her guts. Maybe her intestines will fall out and spell 'I loved you Harry' as you stab her." Milo broke into laughter at the sight of Harry tensing up. The only time Rei ever got close to being that tense was when her parents would send her cringe-worthy texts. "C'mon man. It was just a joke."

With that, Harry grabbed the rounders bat from behind him and smashed Milo to the ground. Without further thought, he sprinted out of the sports hall fire exit and ran for the high hills.

###

Author Note: Please like and comment if you are enjoying this story so far. I mean, you got to this chapter 😉 Thanks, everyone!

Next chapter released on Saturday 8th Feb 2020. 😊