Chapter Nine

Olly

Sneaking out the pod, the group quietly crept down the corridor towards art. Just before the open-plan art room began, there was a door leading to the kitchen.

Filled with art projects hanging down from the ceiling, the room had walls as white as the snow on the top of a mountain. The floor was a very bright shade of lime green, which was almost blinding when the sun shone in through the windows. The room continued around a corner. A divider made of shelves stood in line with the corner of the wall, with walkways on each side of it. Sculptures and paintings of various shapes and sizes cluttered the walls and outskirts of the room.

They got to the door and split up. Coon and Megumi went into the kitchen, while Olly and Emily looked for some art-related weapons.

Searching the draws, Emily found one pair of non-safety scissors and 2 craft knives. She put them down on a desk, displaying for Olly to see. Walking over to her featured exhibition of art weapons, Olly dumped a tray full of thin paintbrushes on the table. "What exactly do you think you will use them for?" Questioned Emily, looking as puzzled as a confused cat in a clingfilm maze. "You know..." Olly grabbed one and swung it around "Jab them in the eyes."

Rustling noises radiated from the large cupboard in the corner of the room. Emily and Olly immediately lock eyes and acknowledge that they both heard it. Slowly tiptoeing over to the cupboard, Olly looked like a ginger fox, only less elegant and definitely less graceful.

Olly gently clasped the cupboard handles. With great velocity, he swung the doors open as wide as his stubby arms could reach. "No! Don't hurt me please!" Trembled Harry, cowering in the bottom of the cupboard.

Harry was a small lad like Olly, at around 5'5. His eyes were as green as the leaves on a mighty oak tree swaying in the wind. Curly brown hair looked like a small dog lay asleep on his head. Harry was a shy person that didn't really have many friends. Beneficial from that, was the fact that he didn't have many enemies either.

"Hey, hey, hey. Calm down!" Olly revealed his empty hands to show he was no threat. "Harry it's us, we won't harm you." Calming down a bit, Harry started to climb out of the cupboard.
"What were you doing in there?" Queried Emily strolling over. Panicked and nervous, Harry scouted the immediate area. "I was being chased by Milo and Logan."

A crash came from the kitchen.

###

Author Note: Please like and comment if you are enjoying this story so far. Thanks, everyone!