A Destroyed World

When they arrived at the castle, healers took care of Niels. He wanted to give the order to slay any dragon that approached, but it would probably be my family who would be slain... So I spoke in the great hall.

Not everyone was used to me, on the contrary... I was an aberration in their eyes. For them, their leader came back dying and I was a target.

Healers confirmed that it was a poisoned arrow that had shot Niels. But he was resting and saving his strength for what was to come.

"My friends...you have made me one of your own, one of your companions, even from an enemy race, but you are a close-knit community. I'm not gonna beat around the bush.

Prince Regent Sauzer tried to kill Niels. I barely got him out of his clutches.

He deemed you a nuisance and obsolete and a slave to the dragon me. The Ice Empire is cornered by the alliance of the demon Lord Archos and the Fire Realm. Sauzer will storm here with a million men and take over the fortress. You will be mercilessly hunted and executed because they banished you. Only the nobles and their followers will be allowed to join their ranks as long as they are not recognized as belonging to the order of the dragon hunters.

The rest, flee..."

The wise man asked, "Where to?"

"I know a village with resistance fighters and I know the theoretical location of ancient ruins and underground bases, shelters from the old world, but we must not waste a moment. We must flee now."

Two-thirds dispersed to the surrounding villages, waiting perhaps for an opportunity or unlikely clemency.

The rest followed my advice and went west to join the villages between the fortress and the forbidden forest. A handful whose wise man decided to explore the ruins with me.

The next day' after a day of strenuous effort, we were in ruins, some of which were inhabited and refurbished by a few inhabitants. They fled when we arrived at the sight of 4 dragons.

In the distance, behind our backs, we could see a black smoke... The village had to burn...Sauzer was just a stupid brute and knew nothing about logistics. To him, we take men, throw them at the enemy and hope to win. If that's not enough, we throw more. Armies have to live on looting with the force of law... to eat.

The opponents were no better...

So we left at a dozen to three on each Wyverne Niels going to settle the others in the forest.

I was flying and I saw a statue... the Statue of Liberty. Partly melted and partly glazed. The melted sand kept the original shape.

Yes... the planet really exploded. They blew it up...

Before me there was nothing but ruins and sand

Before me there was nothing but ruins and sand. Everything was almost swallowed up; buried.

"Flame, this is the land of death here. Nothing lives anymore."