Chapter One: Speak To Me

Whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Click.

Click.

Click!

Shfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.

Click.

A white protogen opened their eyes as the medical pod opened. They stood on the ground, eyes darting about the room in confusion for a minute before eventually taking a step out of the pod. The patient looked down at their feet -- their hips and breastplate were brushed steel, though the top half of the chestplate notably had a bluish tint to its metal, as opposed to a transparent paint, with nicks and scratches showing that the blue was more than a mere decorative layer.

"It's alright. Take a deep breath," an effeminate voice spoke from behind them, "Can you take a seat for me, please?"

The white protogen's head turned to face the source of the mysterious voice to find the speaker was another one of their kind, dressed as a doctor and looking mildly annoyed. It examined the doctor, noting the purple fur and pink lights on its visor before wondering about the colors displayed on its own. She had a grey, metallic name tag made of some sort of brushed metal, a small dent on the top aligned almost perfectly with the first letter of her name - "Jay." The doctor's foot tapped on the tiled floor impatiently as the doctor stared them down. Upon realizing what the doctor was waiting for, the patient wasted little time grabbing a stool to sit on.

"Good. Now, my name is Jay, a doctor here on the Ophiuchi 7H-42 Station. What's yours?" The doctor spoke slowly to the patient, noting them anxiously twiddling their claws together as she awaited a response. The claws tapped together, interlocked, pulled back, tilted, and found a new space to squeeze together as the patient gave Jay a blank stare, as if their brain were struggling to load a new thought. She gazed into their visor, noting its green light with what appeared to be an outline -- partially blue, partially yellow, as if two layers were overlapping to form an image. The patient remained silent, the mouth on their visor's display hanging slightly open in an almost lamebrained fashion that left Jay wondering just how silent the inside of their head really was.

"That's an interesting visor, now -- Color overlaps aren't seen in standard pieces," Jay noted. She took a step to the side, eyes locking onto the patient as she slowly eased around them, silently searching in vain for an engraved serial number or some other means of identification.

"Now, I'll need you to raise your arms for me," She instructed, as she grabbed his left hand and lifted it to roughly eye level, gazing upon his violet claws as she lifted.