Stuck

Ran’s POV:

It had been over a month since I was taken to my parents. I haven’t been able to get out. No matter what I thought of, someone was always in the way. They must be prepared in case someone does try to escape. That must mean someone tried before. I doubt they think I’m trying to get out.

I guess it’s not so bad here. Unfortunately, mom is still sick. Dad said she might die soon. I don’t really know how to feel about that. I’ve never met her, so I really don’t care that much. I know, she’s my mom, but I don’t feel anything toward her. Her and dad aren’t good people, are they?

I still haven’t learned much more about myself. I’ve asked why I was taken away, but no one will answer me. Why did the person steal me? What was the purpose. They just abandoned me. Why would they do that? If they wanted me dead, they would’ve killed me. I’m still very confused.

I miss everyone. I want to be with them again. There’s no other kids here. I’m the only one. I hate it. Sure, I have toys and stuff to play with, but I want to play with other kids. That’s all I want. But, dad said no. He doesn’t want anyone to see me.

I guess I know why. If I’m seen, then they can report that they found me. I’ve heard them talking about the fact that there’s a missing person’s report for me. I’m not exactly sure what that means, but I think that means they’re looking for me. I hope they’ll find me.

I’m getting taught by a random lady I really don’t care to know. She’s not very nice to me. I bet she’d like to hit me. She can’t because someone is always watching. Dad makes sure no one can hurt me. I know some people here do want to hurt me. They don’t like me. I don’t feel safe here at all.

I asked dad if I’d ever get to go outside. He said yes. Once I was older. I wonder how old that will be. He said for middle school he’d send me to a school. That’s something I’m looking forward to. I really want to see kids my age again. I don’t know how old you have to be for middle school. I hope it’s not too much longer. I really want to make friends again.

Dad had made me change my hairstyle. I used to have it long, but now he makes me keep it short. I guess it’s so that no one would recognize me just by glancing my way. Dad is very cautious about all of that. He is very cautious about making sure no one finds me.

For the first time, I was allowed outside. It had been two years. I was eight now. Dad finally trusted me enough to explore the woods around the house. I’m glad I get to finally leave the house for a bit. I’ve decided to just stay with him. Sure, I could probably run, but I don’t see a point. They’ll just get me again.

Mom had died a year ago. Dad said she got too sick to be healed. I didn’t feel anything when he told me she died. I never got to meet her.

I was walking through the woods. It was the afternoon. I wonder how far these woods go. I never explored too far from the house. I was always afraid I’d get lost. But now, I have a way to get back. I learned how to mark my path so I don’t get lost.

I kept walking for a long time. I ended up finding the end of the woods. I had made it back to the town. I hesitantly looked around. I don’t see anyone I know.

Last year, dad told me they no longer were looking for me. That was why I could now go outside. They had no leads, so they closed the case. I actually read my page. It said that I was assumed to be dead. After only one year, they already thought I had died. It’s been two now, so I guess it does seem likely.

I was going to head out of the woods when I spotted someone I did know. Moca. She was walking by herself down the road. I quickly hid behind a tree. I can’t let her see me.