Chapter Nine

Mockingjay Part 1 is out now! :D And I had already watched it. It consumed all of my feels, ALL OF IT. My favorite songs in the said soundtrack is "Yellow Flicker Beat" by Lorde & "All My Love" by Ariana Grande. ;)

Clove’s POV

After winter break, things between Cato and I rotated awkwardly. 

And it wasn’t a good thing.

Cato’s POV

Well after winter break, everything was fine, spring’s here, flowers blooming, pretty colors merging, and eight degrees in all of Panem. And school’s also fine, except that Clove isn’t happy to see me, and Glimmer of course.

“Hey.” I called out to Clove, who passed by me as if I am an imperceptible person and a frightening ghost or something.

I caught up with her and I punched her shoulder as if she’s Thresh or Marvel. It was simple ‘bro’ thing, but Clove wasn’t too happy about it yet again.

“What is wrong with you?”

“You hadn’t talked to me for a week now.” I said sternly.

“I don’t care.” She said as if I was an insignificant person, and of course she left me standing there in trepidation and disappointment.

“Okay, people, I’m sober than you actually think.” Haymitch said, still drunk. “Let’s start on the revolution topic. You know, Katniss being the Mockingjay and Peeta hijacked? One person can only explain to me and you know get some uninteresting points on recitation.”

“I know Sir Haymitch, I know the story.” I stood up as if I volunteered as a tribute for the games. “Katniss stayed in Dis—“

“I don’t need your explanation Cato.” Haymitch interfered. “I don’t need any of your rationalization.”

“But sir…”

“Miss Clove,” Haymitch suddenly said, pointing at Clove, “a desiccated fine-looking flower bud of a tropical tree and used as an overpowering sweet-smelling seasoning.”

“Yes sir?” Clove stood up without any uncertainties or further delay.

“You must recite sooner dear.” Haymitch said sadly. “Your recitation points disappoint me. I get tired looking at your report card without any recitation points, yet you have high grades.”

“Uh…” Clove stuttered. “What shall I recite or answer about sir?”

“I can see that you’re not listening.” Haymitch said as he rolled his eyes and took another drink from his mug filled with beer.

“I meant, what part of the story should I start first?” Clove asked.

“I suppose you should start the Peeta and Katniss strangling part.” Haymitch gave her a drunkard smile. “It would be fun.”

“And that would be brutal.” I interfered this time. “Sir, you should get sober.”

“BAH! I ALREADY AM SOBER!” Haymitch exclaimed as he gulped down some more beer.

I guess we shouldn’t reason any further with Katniss and Peeta’s very own intoxicated and somewhat mean mentor.

Clove’s POV

He definitely is intoxicated. And he literally called me ‘Clove’, a desiccated fine-looking flower bud of a tropical tree and used as an overpowering sweet-smelling seasoning.