Chapter Eleven

I know that it’s going to be a long weekend, but I’ll make this chapter a lot more conversational. I have no deep ideas for omniscient perspectives at the moment, my ideas are too distant right now, so yeah… XD

Clove’s POV

I punched him hardly on his arms for playing the “Hanging Tree” song in his guitar, and of course, he got mad at me yesterday.

“I’m sorry for punching you yesterday.” I apologized to him and he grimaced.

“It still hurts you know.” He winced in pain. “I got a large bruise because of you.”

I started to laugh at him and then he just smiled.

“Okay, tributes.”

Yes, Haymitch is drunk again.

“We’ll be having our prom in three days.”

“Three days?” Cato asked. “I thought it is four days?”

“Ask the author.”

Seriously though, Haymitch you’re just intoxicated

“WHY DO PEOPLE THINK I’M INTOXICATED?!”

Because you ARE intoxicated,

“BAH!” Haymitch yelled at the author. “FINE, FOUR DAYS! AND I’LL PAIR YOU GUYS UP.”

The guys were definitely depressed because they can’t ask the girl they wante .

“CATO AND CLOVE,” He smiled mischievously at us. “Since you hate each other, and I want you guys to fight to the death.”

HAYMITCH ABERNATHY!

“You don’t want the OTP to sail? Fine I w—“

NO, NO, NO. IT’S A PERFECT IDEA! But the killing part is bad.

“I KNOW WHAT I WANT TO DO.” Haymitch said like he’s the most responsible man in the world. “IT WILL BE CLOVE AND MARVEL THEN.”

Cato’s POV

I’m not sure if I’m going to be happy or disappointed about this unlikely situation, but, I think I want to explode like a nuclear bomb right now.

WHY WOULD HAYMITCH PAIR MARVEL AND CLOVE UP? IS HE SERIOUS?! IS THERE A CURE FOR INTOXICATED PEOPLE?!

“Cato, you’re going to be with Glimmer.” Haymitch smirked.

IS THERE A CURE FOR INTOXICATED PEOPLE?!

“Um… I object.” I stood up and rejected Haymitch’s stupid suggestion.

“You can’t.” Haymitch retorted.

“IF YOU’RE NOT GOING TO DO IT, THEN FIND YOURSELF ANOTHER PARTNER FOR GLIMMER!”

“DON’T USE THAT MOCKINGJAY KATNISS TONE WITH ME YOUNG MAN!” Haymitch yelled.  

“FINE, I WON’T GO TO THE PROM!”

“WELL THEN, SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR GRADES!”

“CATO!” Clove yelled at me.

I looked at Clove’s furious dark brown eyes, it’s like they were on fire. She really means it. And I’m not certain if she’s angry or irritated. I can’t make her mad at me again. If she’s mad at me it’s always like I don’t know myself anymore. If I pair up with Glimmer this prom, it would be the worst year of my life. Why can’t I just pair up with Clove? It would be better that way. But I guess Clove doesn’t want me to be her partner anyway, and she’s yelling at me for my own sake.

“Fine, I’ll pair up with Glimmer.”