Chapter 12 The Accidental Choice

Mitchelle’s POV

There was no point of going to class tonight. All I can think about was Harry and Sam. How could I have been so stupid to think he was going to ask me out? Seriously, what could a girl as plain as me been thinking?! I'm going crazy, but luckily, the professor let us out of class early. I really needed to go for a walk and clear my mind. It's about 9 o’ clock and its dark outside. I know it’s not safe, but I put my earphones in my ears and blast my music. I’m listening to a band called Two Door Cinema when their song Undercover Martin comes on. It gets me so pumped and I literally start running and dancing down the street. I just let the music take me where it takes me.

All of a sudden, a fifteen minute walk turns into a two hour stroll. I guess I wasn’t walking the whole time. I stopped and observed the area quite a bit and when I get near my building, I see this park facing some water. I decide to walk over to it and sit on a bench. It’s a beautiful view of the London Bridge and its quiet and relaxing... It's a great place to just... Think...

Maybe I should have told Harry not to go on a date with Sam. I can’t believe that I promised him I was okay with it all.

At the time, it seemed like the right thing to do, but I’m regretting it so much right now. If I had just told him how I really felt, all of this could have been avoided. I need to start putting myself first and I'm gonna start tonight! I get up and run home to get dressed so I can head over to Harry’s...I'm gonna do it! I’m going to tell him how I feel and hopefully... He feels the same way!

I'm rather out of breath by time I get to my apartment building. But I'm so antsy I run up the stairs and all the way to my apartment door! But as soon as open my door... I'm immediately taken back when I see Sam and Harry making out on the couch...

Me: Oh… sorry

Harry just stares at me while he's on top of Sam and I force a smile before I put my head down and walk as fast as I can to my bedroom. I refuse to let Harry see me cry.

Harry: Michelle...

I stop and turn around pulling myself together.

Harry: Where have you been all night? It’s passed 11.

Me: I’ve um... I've just been looking around the area. I’m trying to get acquainted with it.

Sam: Yeah right! We did our site seeing! (She laughs) You were with a boy weren’t you?!

Harry: Really? You... You were with a boy? Where did you meet him?

Me: Wow, okay. I wasn’t with a boy. Sam, you've been with me the entire time I've been here. Where would I have met this boy?

Sam: You had class tonight! You could have met someone there!

Me: Whelp, I didn’t.

I turn around and head towards my bedroom. But when I get to the door.... Harry calls for me again.

Harry: Michelle.

Me: Yes Harry (I say with a forced smile)

Harry: Um how was class? (He says while putting one hand in his pants pocket and the other scratching the back of his head)

Me: Did you really just ask me about my class?  While you're on a date?

Harry: Yeah, I guess I did... (He says with a smile while he shrugs)

Me: Um... It was good (I say with a slight smile)

Harry: Good, good….

It immediately starts to get awkward when Harry and I are just staring at each other. I can tell he's really uncomfortable being with Sam while I'm around. I just don’t understand why.... Harry's still facing me but now he is looking down at his feet. I guess he is realizing how strange and random that small talk was. Luckily, Sam is very out spoken.