Chapter I

Amy Carter

I'm Amy and I'm turning 17 on March. My birthday is pretty close. I love birthdays. I woke up 2 hours ago and now it's 5, I was restless. I opened my curtains and stared at the sunrise. I'm not really a fan but it is beautiful like today. I have a feeling it's going to be a great day.

I went to the bathroom across my room to take a bath. Well my house is just a simple 6 roomed house with my room, My mom and late father's room, bathroom, living room, spare room and the kitchen. Oh I love sitting at our green grass and there's this tree it's big and comfortable to sit under.

I finished bathing and wore a simple white t-shirt and jeans. I held a high bun and put on lip gloss. I like looking natural.

I went to the kitchen and found my mom on the phone and breakfast on the table so I sat there and I ate. By the time I was done, she cut the call.

"You look nice. Are you ready to go back to school?" My mom asked smiling.

"Hey mom, you look nice, anyways yea I'm super ready. Even though I don't have a lot of friends." I said.

"Oh thanks it's just that I'm meeting my childhood best friend who I haven't been in contact with for years." She said looking really happy.

I checked the time and it was 7:15. I sipped my tee and took my school bag and kissed my mom's cheek and waved her bye.

Yes I walk to school. Sometimes I catch a cab when I have extra money and reach school at 7:45 my house is just 3 blocks away from school.

I put on my earphones and listen to Rihanna - Disturbia. She's my favourite singer and she's also beautiful plus we share the same zodiac sign Pisces . I have all her albums but not all songs, few from each.

I reached school and it was obviously full. I saw new kids and the transferred. I walked to my register class and sat there.

Kendall passed by with her group. "Hey Amy," she said looking over her shoulder and continued to talk. I just nodded my head, she saw me.

You see I'm a Popular Loner, everyone knows me but don't really know me. They think I'm some rich kid who has pride but the bitter truth is that my mom don't work. She has to strive everyday so that at the end of the month we have food.

I also like keeping my personal life low-key private. Few people know my mom. My father's death disturbed me so much that I became anti social, not that anti I AM in social medias but I don't really communicate with anyone just love things I like on Instagram.

A teacher came. "Morning Class, I'm Mrs Smith and I'm your Class teacher for the rest of the year. So as you know......." I stopped listening to her and suddenly the door opened dramatically slow, and I knew who that was. I inwardly laughed.

He walked in and he looked so magnificent, he had a new fresh cut and his face looked clear. He searched the class with his eyes. And stared at me.

It seemed like the world stopped. "Mr Foxx please take a seat." The teacher said bored. I laughed and looked outside the window.

He came to sit next to me Grayson Foxx, my best friend. We did our best hand shake and gave each other what y'all call bro hugs.

The bell rang we were all supposed to go to the hall for the principal's speech. After that we went to our given periods.

"You owe me a chocolate, you think I forgot about that." I screamed at Grayson in short I call him Gray.

"Gee girl why you screamin'? I'm sure my earbuds are broken." He said really serious.

I stopped walking and looked at him dumbfounded. After what seemed like 5 minutes. "Earbuds can't break."

"I know I was just saying to save time to think you stood there for 5 mins we could've been in class by now." He rolled his eyes and continued to walk.

I ran after him and we walked together. On our way to class we roasted teachers and other kids. Grayson kept saying sly fish and I kept on laughing but I don't know what's that. That is what made it funny.

We got in class and took our usual seats at the back, I sat next to the wall and the seat on our front had no seaters. "Okey class I'm Mrs Mary and today on Chemistry we'll be doing....." She kept going on and we already had home-work.

"Oh and I didn't forget your chocolate, I got you a slab top-deck." I heard whispering next to me.

I smiled and blew him a kiss, he blushed, "Eew did you just blush,  boy you catchin' feelings." I laughed and the bell rang it was now break.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please Vote....