Chapter VIII

Mrs Carter

I am Ruby Carter. I'm a mother and a widow. My husband died two years ago and I'm sort of keeping a secret from my daughter. That's a story for another day

Well not too long ago I applied for a simple job. To be a maid. I have qualities to apply for a good job. After my husband died the will he wrote a note that me and my daughter will get everything he owns except for the two businesses he owned. He gave it to his family but they still wanted more. My daughter doesn't know about this because it is illegal and we kept her from this because it was going to make her life have ups and downs.

The family feud between his family was getting worse because they wanted everything my husband worked for including my daughter and the house and the other houses he owns. We had a bar store but he didn't tell me or my daughter or his family about it. I only knew about it this year hence I applied to a job to be a maid so that it will be low key. His family will think that I don't have anything I know they keep tabs on us.

Enough about that back to the present.

I have been serving as a domestic maid in the Sky family for a few days now and they Also own an illegal business. . I help out with the house in all their household chores. It is luck only that helps a maid like me to get a good home to work in and above all, a good woman to work with.

However, I have been very lucky in this matter and have been given by God a very fine family to work with. The Sky family consists of Mr. and Mrs. Sky their two sons and one daughter.

After my husband death I didn't know how to deal with it but at this Sky Family they are welcoming and very caring and kind. Their daughter remind me off my daughter.

It was such a shock when I found out that my daughter was dropped home by Hades one of the Sky Family son, the good son. To say I'm surprised by the fact that my daughter is now going to parties. She's always been the child to sit home and watch movies rather than going out.

Right now she is sitting at her room. I bet she is sleeping I want to tell her about this thing but after her birthday. Plus she will have to go training already because soon she will be turning 18 and I want her to be well trained in case something bad happens.

Let me go to sleep and now I have a busy day tomorrow I almost forgot I will have to go early so that I start with the chores. Over the weekend I don't work so it's going to be a lot of work today until Wednesday because I can say Friday's there's like no work.

I'm happy at what I am doing but soon I will have to take over the bar because I will not be able to work as a domestic anymore but I want my daughter to take the bar under her name because it is hers.

Monday morning

I wake up very early today its a bright new day and I have a feeling I will enjoy it now let me wake up and prepare breakfast for my daughter I love her so much and I want you to do a lot for her before she goes to university I hope she goes to a close one because I'll be all alone here and sometimes I will want to visit her but I want her to have her privacy since she will learn to be independent.

I prepare waffles and after that I sprayed some jam on top of it I know she loves apricot jam so I put them there and go to wake her up but I find her already up and refreshed so I called her to eat.

"Hello baby how are you this morning?" I asked her. "Oh Mum I Am the Very ready to start this day plus it's Monday so yeah." She tells me she looks very happy.

"So Mum you and the Sky huh"she looks at me hoping to find some new gossip. I laugh at her silliness. "Oh don't mind that me and Mrs Sky we've been friends for long so she offered me the job."I tell her part of it is true.

"Oh Wow and I get to be friends with her daughter now that's what I call real friendship but don't you mind working at your friend's house" She asked me concerned.

"oh no darling I don't mind but anyway soon enough we'll be having our own business but it is something that I will have to tell you after your 17th birthday because it includes your father."I tell her

"What does my father have to do with this but then anyway I'll be looking forward to that day is it a bad thing or a good thing?"she asked me.

"it is both good and bad so yeah but I hope you will take the news lately even if you take them badly but it has to be done."I tell her but she is busy eating her waffles that I really think she is starting to like.

"Old mum I have to go and thank you for breakfast it was delicious and the coffee was great but then bye I will see you later."she tells me taking her backpack and rushing to the door

"Oh and I love you bye Mum." I smile at the end take my things to and go to the door and lock the door and I then go to the car and drive to their residence.

I enter the Residence and put my things down and I look around the house is almost dirty but it is ok I start the basics by starting cleaning the rooms I start with the couples room but I see it is already clean so only mop the floor.

I don't do the son's rooms because they told me that they will do it themselves so I go to the daughter's room. It is a nice room so I put some things accordingly. I pack her clothes nicely and put the socks in the racks.

I clean her mirror so that it doesn't have hands on it and I Made It Shine. I take all the dishes to the kitchen and then come back and mop the floor and then I go to the bathrooms.

They have three bathrooms. The other bathroom is linked to the couple's bedroom suit. And the other one is upstairs and the other is downstairs.

I clean out the shower and the bath I clean the toilet and make all the mirrors in the bathrooms shine. I fill up the bubble bath soaps and I go open the other soaps so that I can feel other bottles.

"Oh Hey Ruby, I told you, you don't have to do everything in the house. Come downstairs and let's chat." Celine tells me that and then we both go downstairs.

"Oh darling so when are you going to tell your daughter about her father and everything" Celine asks me.

"Celine don't worry about that I already know how to tell her I think she will take the news ok but it's a little more to carry." I tell Celine not too sure myself.

We chat and chat later on I see Chase going out and he greets us. And then I look at Celine.

"Friend I almost forgot to tell you I saw Hades dropping Amy my daughter of yesterday. Do you think something is going on between them?" I ask her drinking my tea.

"Really I saw that too but I don't know yet it will be a great very good thing if they get together don't you think?" She asked me looking at me.

"Yes but it will have to be their choice."I tell her sipping on my tea because I already know what is coming next.

"I can't wait for them to get together they would really make a great couple but yes you are right it is their choice but we would really make good in-laws" she tells me laughing it off.

"Ok let me get to working we'll talk later again." I tell her already getting up and taking her empty Cup and doing the kitchen.

^^^^^

hey guys it's me again the author please like and vote another chapter is going to be down soon. What do you guys think about Hades and Amy? Tell me in the comments below and don't forget to vote