Daughter

I was getting into my new life deeper and deeper. We went on a road trip, to a party, dancing in the club. I also hung out with Lily a few times. Threw all this time nobody suspected anything. I felt happier than ever before in my life. But then one day, Megan chated during breakfast.

- Hey... Michele

- Yeah

- I got some news

- What's up

- Mom and dad are getting back

- Oh.. - I normally was happy about that. But this time it meant that my time of being a girl has come to an end. It bumed me down in an instance.

- Yeah... - she obviously knows what I'm thinking - I think that they should meet the new you.

- What?! - I asked in a shock - You can't be serious!

- Well, I am... Look sis, I know you threw our whole life. You always was this sad, closed shy person that didn't find much joy in his life. But now I can see how you flourished. You want to stay being a girl, don't you?

- Well... - I hesitated, but just for a second, than replied with a smile - Yeah

- Then let our parents meet their new daughter

Daughter... This word rang in my ears for a while... I would become... Daughter... I couldn't imagine nothing that I would like more

- Ok, let's do this - I said with confidence in my voice

- Great! And don't worry, I'm sure that this will be a bit of a shock for them, but I will be there with you and trust me, they will accept it.

The next few days were nothing but overwhelming restlessness. I was thinking all the time about what I will wear and what I will say. How will they react? Will they accept it?

Finally, the day has come. I changed three times before I was ok with what I was wearing. I decided to go with something girly, but modest. A black over knee jersey dress with long sleeves and no cleavage and black stockings. I painted my nails in quite conservative delicate red color and pinned my hair with a simple hairpin. I was doing my own makeup for some time, but this time Megan helped me so it will be flawless. Makeup was modest as well. Just some lip gloss, mascara, delicate eyeliner and delicate shades.

- You look great sis, mom and dad will gonna love you!

It was somehow comforting, but I was still trembling in fear.

- Ok, they are about to get home. Stay in your room and listen to the door. I will prepare them a little for this. When I call you, you'll come to us.

- Easier said than done - I said while hyperventilating a little. Megan grabbed me in a tight hug

- It's going to be ok sis - she didn't release the hug and started to stroke my hair. We stood like that for a few minutes, it was calming me down a lot. But then I heard car parking in front of the house... They have come... Megan released the hug, looked me deeply in the eyes and said -It's going to be ok sis. Now hide in your room.

I did like she asked. I was listening through my door trying to realize what is happening in the saloon. I guess Megan got to the door to greet them. Finally I heard them coming in.

- Hiiii sweety I missed you so much - said my mom

- I missed you too mom

- How you were doing everything was ok? - said dad

- Yes, yes, everything is great!

- Where is Michael? - my mom asked and I thought that my heart would stop.

- Well.. Michael isn't home - said my sister what was followed by long silence

- Oh my God... Is something wrong? What happened? - said my mom

- Don't worry everything is ok... Just sit down.

- What happened, please tell me! - mom started to panic a little. Megan didn't say anything yet and it was already bad.

- Ok, so... Michael went lately and threw some changes in his way of life.

- What does that supposed to mean? - said dad in angry confusion

- Well, you will see in a minute, but first I want to say that this is a good change. Definitely for the better. He is now much happier than ever before.

- Megan, please stop being so mysterious and tell us already. You are worrying me.

- Ok... wait just a second I will go for her.

I guess that when she called me "her" my parents become even more confused, but they didn't say anything. I heard Megan's footsteps getting closer to my door. I knew that at some point she will call me and I will have to get out, but nevertheless I wasn't ready for that. My hands and knees were trembling. She opened the door and grabbed me by my hand. We were walking through the corridor and it felt like the time stopped. After few seconds that felt like an hour I was standing in the saloon in front of my shocked parents. I felt really embarrassed. I couldn't look at them, I just looked at my feet.

- Meet your new daughter - my parents looked at me in shock. My mom was the first that came out of it

- Well... you look really nice -It was great to hear that from mom - but I still don't understand... Is this some kind of game? Or a bet?

- No. She wants to be a girl and for last month she was living like one - said Megan. I felt that maybe she is going too quickly with this, but I couldn't say anything.

- Is this true son? - dad asked

- Well... - I just couldn't say anything

- She isn't your son anymore, she is your daughter and... - said Megan, I was afraid that she is pushing to much and I needed to speak for myself so I interrupted her

- Yes, It's true. I am a girl now. I want you to accept me for who I am. I want you to call me Michele. - I said all of it on only one breath like I was afraid that this breath is only one that I can use to explain myself

Dad looked at me angrily. Than stood up and went straight to parents bedroom without any word

- Steven, wait! - said my mom after him, but he didn't react. She went after him and said to me while passing - It's going to be alright, don't worry.

I couldn't hold my emotions any longer. I bursted into tears. Megan hugged me immediately. I'm so happy that she supports me so much. And I was actually relieved that I told my parents. I still didn't know how they would feel about it but it was a good direction.