Chapter 14: Happy Reunion

Meeting up with old friends is suppose to be one of the happiest moments a person can experience. Sure, it may be a bit awkward at first, but once someone starts making a conversation, it's like every sense of familiarity comes rushing back. Nostalgia bubbles up inside and bittersweet memories starts to flow through like honey as old friends start catching up with one another. Although things can never be the same as it was due to the lack of communication over the years, it's still nice to know they're still alive.

In other cases, it's just plain awkward.

The boy spoke up first, looking suprised and his brow scrunching up. "What are you doing here?"

For some reason, this comment seemed to have caused Audrey to snap and she stood up abrupty. "So I'm not allowed to go here now? Why the fuck should I not be here, you back stabbing pieces of shits!"

Okay, so, I found out that the mall we were in was located in Elenor and I'm pretty sure Alleny texted me that before I went inside June's car, but I didn't bother to check it.

"You're still upset over that?" the boy said incredulously. He stepped a little back and scratched his head as he looked off to the side with a strange expression, "Look, Audrey, we didn't have a choice. You were being too--"

"Oh, shut up! You assholes didn't even help me explain myself to Fi--"

"Oh, hey, wow. New people." I stood up and everyone's attention was on me. Even some bystanders looked over towards us in curiousity. "Nice to meet you, strangers. Audrey's old friends. I don't know. I'm Penny." I held out my hand for them to shake, but they only stared at me, bewilderment planted on their face while Audrey's face was screaming at me to stop talking to them. When no one shook my hand, I frowned and slowly lowered my arm. I leaned over towards Audrey and put my hand near my mouth like I was going to say something secretly to her even though I made it loud enough for these rude teens to hear. "They do know what a handshake is, right?"

"Who is this?" one of the girls asked. Her milk chocolate brown hair was tied up in a ponytail and she held some sort of bossy atmosphere. Her bold eyes matched her dark green dress that went just above her knee and wore black high ankled boots. She was pretty. Like my friends.

Audrey glanced at me and she looked back to her former friend with a scowl. "None of your fu#king concern, Gren," She growled.

Gren? Shoot, what was her full name again? Gah, whatever, I'll just go with 'Green'.

Green scoffed and crossed her arms, "What a suprise. You're still the same as ever, Rey." She turned her head towards me and roamed her eyes all over me with a smirk. "Cute friend."

Oh, she thinks I'm Audrey's friend.

"She's not my friend," Audrey snapped, "and stop looking at her like that!"

Green clicked her tongue and crossed her arms, "Oh yeah? Then who is she?"

"I'm her roommate." I answered for her. Audrey glared at me and I realized I forgotten what I was suppose to say. "I mean her aquaintance."

"Huh, so you've already gotten over Fiona?" The boy accused, narrowing his eyes at Audrey, "She even has red hair like her. Are you that obsessed with Fiona that you'd even be friends someone who looks like her? Don't you see how messed up that is?"

"You don't know anything!" Audrey snarled, "I had to leave their fucking house so I wouldn't choke Tyler to death! It's not like I knew my mom's friend would have red fucking hair! Now go away because clearly you assholes have no intention in apologizing to me!"