1

C'mon

C'mon...I can do this! I'm only the bravest most amazing prince ever! It's just a friendly gift from a friend to a friend for friend reasons! Roman cuts the white string off of the hoodie, looking it over. He's spent months on this, completely from scratch. He hoped Virgil loved it. Liked it. Not love, never love.

He stood up, looking in the full-size mirror, giving a confident grin and finger guns, running his fingers through his hair, picking up the jacket for Virgil, looking over the hand-stitched patches. "Oh! Shit," He picked up a sewing needle, stringing it with red string, going to the inside of the hood where the hood piece connected the rest of the jacket, sewing in cursive 'amor, Roman' cutting that string before picking it up, finally leaving his room.

Virgil stared at himself in the mirror, placing his hand over his chest, feeling the steady rhythm of his heart beating

Virgil stared at himself in the mirror, placing his hand over his chest, feeling the steady rhythm of his heart beating. Through a T-shirt, binder, skin, muscle, bone. His heart kept a rhythm. His heart didn't quit.

Knock, Knock, Knock. "Emo-Dreamboat~"  Virgil shook his head, grabbing the grey and black squared jacket pulling it on.

"Princey." Virgil looked over Roman, he could feel the waves of anxiety rolling off him. "What's wrong?" Roman laughed, moving his hands as he talked, the jacket in his hands swaying.

"Wrong? With me? Nothing! I'm Roman!! I'm amazing! What could be wrong?" He laughed awkwardly, pausing for a moment. "I...noticed how dull your jacket is and make you a new one! Consider it a light-side welcome!" Roman held out the jacket. Virgil took it his heart pounding in his chest.

"A jacket....?" A present. He gave me a present and he barely knows me. why? why is he so anxious? why do I care? He quickly followed up the question with a snarky remark. "Aw, Princey you're so cute," Roman scoffed.

"Oh, please! As if!" He started to move forward before stopping, the hurt or scared expression on his face. In a move of what Virgil can only call instinct, he pulled the prince close, wrapping his arms around Romans' waist, resting his head on top of the short princes. The hug lasted a while before Virgil pulled back, stumbling and tripping over his words.

"Thanks for the gift, Roman, but I'm busy, uh, bye," Virgil stepped back, slamming the door, only hearing Roman mutter something, not being able to make out the words through the sound of his heart pumping, he locked his door shakily, sinking to the floor as he tore off his jacket and t-shirt. His chest moved up and down with his breathing, the black binder clinging to his skin. "Fuck," He groaned, De would know what to do. De always does. What would De do? 

His eyes caught sight of the empty iced coffee cup, the ice-cubes still sitting there melting despite the fact the caffeinated drink had been devoured hours previously. "Ice." He crawled across the floor, not trusting himself to stand and grabbed the drink, popping the lid off and grabbing an ice cube, plopping one into his mouth, the solid coldness brought him down to earth, planting him in the present. He grabbed another ice cube, rubbing it in small circles on the back of his neck, once it melted he traced his cool fingertips down the spiderweb designs on his arms. 

The designs weren't like tattoos, more like scars, pink tissue that puffed out from his skin slightly, creating intricate spider designs. They matched his sharp fangs and spider reflexes. He stood up, sighing with relief as he realized he could breathe again. It was weird, Roman didn't make him panic. Roman...calmed him half the time. This time he just...Roman's touch burned his skin to the core, he felt weird and strange and it sent him into overdrive mode. He peeled off his binder, knowing Logan would yell at him if he slept in it again, he grabbed the first jacket he saw, pausing for a moment at the strange softness. Letting his fingers trace the purple patches, looking inside. 

"Love, Roman? Why love? " He mumbled to himself, hating that it brought butterflies to his stomach and a smile to his face. He shook his head, slipping the sleeves off, looking at himself in the mirror to see how it looked on him. "Da hell?" Virgil backed up, as his green eyes turned purple, his heart felt...heaveier. Like a piece broke off. He watched his upper shoulders as the spider web scars disappeared. He watched, as the only thing he knew was torn from him.