15

The sides were never born

The sides were never born. Not like regular humans. They appeared when they were needed.

Thomas was going through an unwanted gender crisis. So when Virgil arrived...he was a girl. He was...

"I'm...Roxanne," Virgil smiled, shaking Janus' hand.

He didn't realize how wrong it felt. Until Thomas' junior year. As he realized he was in fact just a gay man and Virgil realized he too was a gay man.

He didn't know who to tell, but somehow, he ended up telling Roman, sitting still for hours as the prince cut his hair. He stopped him before he could cut the bangs. "I like them shaggy,"

"So, I don't get to see your goregous eyes?" Roman teased, spinning Virvils chair around to watch him.

"Exatcly, couldn't have you falling for me,"

Janus was...weird about it. He didn't seem happy with the change.

At least he had Remus. The two charming twins were all Virgil needed. Remus got him his first binder, helped invoate his wardrobe, helped him with testerone and such.

Until one day...he found Virgil and said the meanest things, it hurt, so badly.

Janus was weird about it, he showed up and held the emo close.

"Nobody treated you like this when you were Roxanne,"

Nobody knew that Virgil dated Janus. Before he transtioned he dated Janus. They broke up when Virgil cut his hair and...not so long after he was with Remus. Then...Remus only got meaner.

One day, Remus was going to get Virgil a drink, stopped by Janus, the next, he...didn't remeber. He doesn't remember...several months actually. But Virgil was gone. His Virgil was upstairs. His Virgil was...dating Roman.

His Virgil was happy.

So Remus wasn't too angry. Janus was always the angry one.

"Princey- how many stars are there?" Virgil looked down at Roman, messing with the princes hair happily.

"Hmm, fifty three thousand, I don't like summouning that many-"

"Well, I only see one," Virgil booped Romans nose. After a few seconds of processing Roman shot up.

"You sly bastard!!" Virgil only laughed, he loved how flustered Roman got. His Roman who stole his jackets. His Roman who loved makeup and hair and style. His Roman who was always there with a shoulder to cry on.

His Roman...

who was hurt. Who was hurt by Janus. He couldn't take it. Too much, everything was too much.

He screamed, to him it was a blood-curdling scream, he screamed until his voice cracked.

When he stood up straight again, he was different.

--
if ur confused i can now explain without spoliers lmao

- Grey