Chapter 2:

Chapter 2:

A week later I was released from the hospital. To my surprise there was someone there to pick me up. Zane.

He ran to me when he saw me, pulling me into a hug. “Oh, River, I'm so sorry.”

I shake my head, blinking back tears. “Please, just take me wherever you are gonna take me.”

“Home.” he says. “I'm going to take you home.”

“I don't have a home anymore.” I said, looking down.

He lifted my chin up. “You are going to keep on living with me.”

“And after the baby is born?”

“Let's just take one step at a time.”

I knew it. The child I was carrying was the only reason I was allowed to keep on living with him. I doubt his mate is happy with all of this.

“So how is Marcy?” I asked once we were in the car.

He grins. “She is everything I dreamed of.”

“I thought so.”

Zane frowns, remembering what had happened at the meeting. “Oh, I didn't mean to-”

“No, no, it's fine. I'm glad your happy. You deserve to be happy, Zane.” I pat his hand.

“I just wish you could be happy too.”

I shrug. “I had my time.”

We don't say anything else as we head to the Alpha house. I wonder what room I would be taking. Obviously I wouldn't be staying with Zane anymore. Maybe I was going to get one far far away from all the happy mates.

To my dismay, I was given the room right across from Zane's. Don't get me wrong, it was a lovely room- all done in a soft blue- but I didn't want to be so close to someone who I used to be with. I didn't have a choice but to accept it though. I just have to suck it up and be grateful that someone was allowing me to live with them.

I fell asleep that night to hearing Zane and Marcy having sex. I couldn't hold them back anymore. I started to sob. Each sob made my entire body shake. Here I was sitting in a cold room, in a cold bed, all alone. I had nothing to be happy for. So of course, I cry.

That morning I woke up with something. Morning sickness. I stumbled down the hall to the bathroom. I threw myself at the toilet barely making it as the bile started coming out.

There was a knock on the door.

“Go away!” I moaned when I wasn't puking my guts out.

That person didn't. Instead they came in and pulled my hair back.

After a couple more minutes I flush the toilet. “Thank, Ira.” I say after wiping my mouth.

“I'm not Ira.” said someone.

I turn to be face to face with Marcy. “Oh, sorry.”

“It's all right.” she said.

“Thanks for helping me.”

“No problem.”

“Not to be too forward or anything, but I thought you hated me.” I said.

She laughs. “I did at first. You carrying my mate's child was something that boiled my blood. Then I watched what went down with Samuel.”

“Please don't tell me you pity me. I don't need pity.” I said fiercely.

Marcy wraps an arm around me. “I don't pity you. I think you are brave. Sam can be....harsh. I never knew he could be that cruel. I just wanted to say, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. All the judgments that I made when I found out you were pregnant and everything else. All the dirty thoughts. I'm sorry. Zane explained everything. I'm sorry I took him from you.”

“Marcy, just stop. He wasn't really mine to begin with. Thanks for your apologies though. They really mean a lot. Besides, you had a lot of reasons to judge me.” I told her.

“Can we just.....I dunno.......be friends?” she asks, slightly blushing.

I hug her. “That means a lot to me. Seriously.”

At least I had one friend besides Ira.

__________________________

Two chapters in one night! It's madness I tell you!