Chapter 7

Mike's POV

Two hours. It had been two hours since I walked out of Ed's room and they still hadn't come out. What could they be doing?

"They're probably just talking. It's been a while since they've seen each other you know." Stu said as he looked up at me over the top of his laptop.

"Why didn't she just tell me?" I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair.

"Maybe because I didn't want you to see me as your best mates ex who broke his heart by running away and not keeping contact." A voice said as it neared.

Addie was walking through the living room, pulling a suitcase behind her. Ed was following, his own suitcase trailing behind him. 

"Where are you going?" I questioned.

"I'm going back to Taylor's tour. She still needs me and I can't let down the fans. And Addie is coming with me." Ed answered for the both of them.

"Oh, okay." I cleared my throat as I nodded in understanding. 

"You've got a tour to get back to anyways." Ed mentioned as he slipped a pair of shoes on, "And you'll be in America soon, so maybe we can meet up sometime if we're in the same city."

"Yeah okay." I nodded.

"We've gotta go. Flight to catch in an hour." Ed double checked that he had everything before looking at Addie to make sure she did too.

"I guess we'll see you guys later." Addie added before throwing a jacket on and placing her phone in the pocket. 

"See you later Addie, it was nice meeting you." Stu hugged her, kissing the top of her head, before going back to his laptop.

"It was great meeting you too Stu." She smiled before turning towards me.

"I'm going to go put our things in the car. Stu, would you mind helping me out?" Ed motioned towards the two suitcases and four guitar cases that needed to go.

Stu stood instantly and grabbed Addie's suitcase and guitar case before following Ed outside.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you Mike." Addie stepped in front of me, a look of pure regret in her eyes. 

"Let's just forget about it okay? I don't want to think about it." I said as I placed my hands on her waist and pulled her closer.

"Okay." She whispered, placing her hands on my shoulders.

She was significantly shorter than me. The top of her head barely reached my nose, so it was easy to kiss her forehead

"I'm sorry for being such a jerk. You don't deserve that." I whispered.

"I shouldn't have hid that from you. I'm sorry." She wrapped her arms around me, holding herself tightly against me. 

"Addie please, don't hold it against yourself. I understand why you didn't tell me. It's okay." I held her back.

She had started crying, shaking in my arms. I pulled her in closer, not wanting to let her fragile frame go. Not wanting her to leave with Ed. I wanted to keep her here with me and never let go.

"Don't go." I mumbled into her hair.

"Okay." She said simply.

"Addison?" Ed's voice came calmly from a few feet away.

"I can't leave Ed." Addie pulled away from me to face him.

"Okay. I'll bring your things back in, but could I at least say goodbye this time?" Ed questioned.

Addie nodded before walking towards him, using her sleeves to wipe away some of the tears on her face. He pulled her into a hug, and I watched as she shook in his grasp, clearly crying more. 

"I love you Addie Rhea." Ed's voice cracked.

"Please don't cry Ed." Addie burrowed her face into Ed's neck.

"I just got you back, I don't want to lose you again." He muttered.

"I'll still be here though. You'll know where I am, you can call me, text me, whatever. You know I'm okay now, so you don't have to worry. I know I messed this up. I know we can't be what we were, and I'm sorry for that. I love you Ed, I do, but not like that. Not anymore." Addie spoke lightly.

"Okay." Ed said simply as he pulled away, wiping his own eyes with his shirtsleeves, "I've got a plane to catch. I'll bring your things back in." 

"I'll come out with you and get them." Addie followed him out the door. 

Addie's POV

As I grabbed my suitcase and guitar out of the car that was driving Ed to the airport, I decided I had to do one last thing before he left. I sat my things down on the pavement before doing the one thing I'd been dying to do since the day it had happened last.

"Ed." I said just as he was about to get in the car. 

He turned to face me before walking back over to me. As he stood infront of me, I had a mental debate with myself on whether or not this was the right thing to do. I mean just a few hours ago I had kissed Mike. Was I really about to kiss Ed too?

Before I could make the decision myself, I felt Ed's hand on my cheek and his lips on mine. It took me a few seconds to realize that Ed had made the move that I was debating over, but once I did realize it, I responded quickly. My hands found their way to the back of his neck, getting tangled in the hair that I longed to run my fingers through one more time. While one of his hands still lay on my cheek, the other had found my waist, pulling me dangerously close to his body. 

I wanted this. I did. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I had been doing just the same with Mike not even 24 hours ago. As this thought crossed my mind, I pulled away from Ed's mesmerizing hold.

"Addison please, come with me. I've already spent so long without you. I don't think I can do it anymore." Ed pleaded.

"Ed, I can't." I shook my head.

He let out a sigh of frustration before letting his hand drop from my cheek, turning around and heading back to the car.

"Good bye Addie." He said before getting in the car without a look back. 

Once the car had pulled out into the street and was out of sight, I turned around, grabbing my things before heading back into the flat. 

"I thought for sure you'd change your mind and go with him." Mike let out a breath of relief as I walked back in.

I looked up at him, thinking I could hold it together, but the second I looked into his eyes, I dropped my grip on my things, along with my grip on reality, and I soon found myself on the floor. I couldn't hold the tears in anymore, and they flowed from my eyes like a full on London rain storm.

That was it. I had just let go of the love of my life for the second time, except this time it felt like I had ripped my own heart out in the process. But I couldn't do it. Not when I had just spent all that time falling for Mike. I owed it to myself to give it a chance. 

What Ed and I had once held was gone. 

It was time for something new.