Chapter 4

Addie’s POV

As Mike and I sat on the sofa deep in a kiss, I heard the lock on the front door click open and I pulled away to face in that direction. As the door opened, I recognized the guy who walked through the door with the mop of blonde hair on his head. I smiled lightly as he walked into the room.

Mike had let out a sigh of frustration because we were interrupted again, but when he noticed who had walked in the door, he smiled as well.

“Stu.” Mike said.

“I thought Ed and Gary were joking.” Stu said with a laugh.

“For christ’s sake they just won’t give up.” Mike said before standing up from the sofa.

I let out a chuckle before standing up as well. Mike seemed frustrated and it was kind of funny to watch him. He was walking in circles.

“Mike, mate, you alright?” Stu asked.

“Yeah, fine.” He said as he ran his hand through his hair.

“You seem a little angry.” Stu said with a smirk.

“No, not at all.” Mike said as he rolled his eyes.

“So, who is the pretty lady?” Stu asked.

“Addie Rhea, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” I said as I reached my hand out.

“Stu Larsen, the pleasure is all mine.” He said as he shook my hand.

“Mike seriously. Stop it. Sit down. Calm down.” I said as I rolled my eyes.

“He’s just mad that since he finally got a girl, none of us will leave him alone.” Stu said with a smirk.

Mike glared at him before sitting down on the sofa and putting his head in his hands.

“Would you mind if we just had a minute?” I asked Stu.

“I’ll put my things in the spare room. Take your time.” He said with a smile.

“Thank you.” I said smiling back.

As Stu headed back the hall, I sat down next to Mike.

“Hey.” I said softly as I placed a hand on his arm.

He looked up at me with a faint smile. He was frustrated and you could tell.

“Do you not have girls over often?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Not really. I mean I kind of just do my own thing. I’ve never needed a girl around before.” He said.

“What’s so different about this time?” I asked.

“There is just something about you. I mean you’re beautiful, and sweet, and funny.” He rambled off.

“You just met me…” I trailed.

“And I already have feelings for you.” He said as he looked at me seriously.

“Mike…” I started, only to be cut off by his lips pressing to mine again.

“Don’t say it.” He whispered against my lips.

“Don’t say what?” I asked softly.

“The ‘you’ve only known me for a few days, you can’t have feelings for me.’” He answered.

“Michael David Rosenberg, I’ve had feelings for you for years now. I would never say that to you, because if you have feelings for me, I’m not going to complain.” I said with a smile.

His hand came up to cup my cheek, a smile on his face as well.

“You used my full name, cute.” He said with a smirk.

I let out a giggle as I looked at him. There was a sparkle in his eye as he looked cautiously at me.

“Can I come back out now?” Stu questioned loudly from back the hall.

"No, we're busy!" Mike yelled back as he grinned at me.

"I'm telling Ed!" He responded.

"For gods sake." Mike said with a groan.

"I'm joking mate." Stu said as he walked into the living room.

"Right well we aren't going to be very exciting people, so I don't really know what you want to do while you're here." Mike said as he leaned back on the sofa.

"I'm fine with whatever. I've got a few days off just like you, obviously." Stu said.

"Right, well I thought we might continue our Game Of Throwns marathon." Mike said.

I nodded my head in agreement as I leaned back on the sofa as well, only to have Mike place an arm over my shoulder and my head rested on his shoulder.

And that's how we spent the night. I was comfortably leaning against Mike, as Stu took up the other sofa, and we watched TV in silence. I had dozed off a few times,
only to be awaken by a loud scene in the show.

"You tired?" Mike whispered in my ear at around 10 that night.

"Yeah, just a bit." I replied softly.

"You can take Ed's room if you want." He said.

"Where will you sleep?" I questioned.

"Here on the sofa." He responded.

"I'm sure Ed's bed is big enough. I don't want you to have to sleep on the sofa if I get the bed. I don't mind sharing." I said.

"Addie Rhea, are you trying to get me in bed?" Mike asked with a raised eyebrow.

"And what if I am?" I questioned with a smirk.

"Cheeky. But I feel like I should take you on a date first." He said.

"Maybe tomorrow. For now, I just want a cuddle buddy." I said with a pout.

"That I can do." He said with a smile.

"You two are sickeningly cute together. Stop it." Stu said.

"Jealous much?" I questioned as I glanced over at him.

"To be honest, yes." He said.

"I suppose we could just go to another room then." Mike said as he stood up, pulling me with him.

"Remember what Ed said." Stu said with a laugh as Mike and I made our way back the hall.

"What he doesn't know, won't hurt him." Mike said with a smirk, sending a wink my way.

"Keep moving." I said with a grin as I pushed him back the hallway.

"Fiesty." Mike said.

I let out a laugh as we reached Ed's room. I had changed into pajamas earlier, so I was already ready for bed. I crawled into the bed, finding it comfy. There was a lingering smell, which was obviously Ed's. It was nice, and comforting.

"Don't you fall in love with him just because he smells good. I smell good too." Mike said with a pout.

I let out a giggle as I looked up at him from my place on the bed.

"Just come to bed." I said with a smile.

"Alright, alright. No need to twist my arm." He said smiling back.

And so that's what happened. Mike crawled into bed, wrapping an arm around me, and falling asleep. It was the first night in a while that I felt comfortable with someone, and I was happy.