Chapter 17

"YOU." Jack points straight at Pear, how does a fruit shake in his boots?

"Listen, I was filming a video with Orange and you guys just happened to be the ones making the most noise." Video? With Orange? What type of film industry are these two in?

"WELL... I did not know that. BUT THEN HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT ORANGE AND (Y/N) WENT TO ELEMENTARY TOGETHER? HUH?" Jack tried to be intimidating, but ultimately looks like he's trying to unclog a toilet.

"Because I was friends with (Y/N) back then. We all would hang out, I guess (Y/N) forgot." Pear turns around, acting as if this were a soap opera. How could I forget.

              We going to elementary school!

"WAIT FOR ME!" I'm screaming my lungs out trying to catch up with my friend, Kara.

"You're just gonna have to hurry up slow poke!" Kara jumps into the swing, we both share a laugh as I reach the swing. "Ok, we both know fourth grade is almost over..."

"I know I know! You don't have to keep reminding me." I chuckle, Kara didn't seem to be in a laughing mood anymore.

"After fifth grade (Y/N)... I'm not going to the same middle school as you." Kara looked over at me and smiled, something told me this was part of something bad. "Since I'm leaving next year... You gotta tell me who you have a crush on!" As I groaned, Kara bursted out in laughter.

"I've told you this! I don't like anyone! Plus, boys are gross..." As I say this, I see Orange being used as a soccer ball. Orange thought it was a game instead of bullying so all you could hear was his screams of joy.

"I thought I would see you two here" Pear gets on the last swing, waving at both of us.

"Hey Pear! (Y/N) and I were just having a lovely conversation about who they like-like!" Kara nudges me with their elbow, smirking. "Say Pear, does Orange have a crush on anybody?"

"Besides (Y/N) and the cafeteria lady?" Pear and Kara share a laugh while I wallow in between them.

"It's not funny guys! I don't have a crush on Orange!" My face melts while my cheeks show my true feelings. "Ok fine... I like-like him just a tiny bit!"

"I knew it! I knew it!" Kara jumps off the swing just as the bell rings. All three of us run to the lunch lines, leaving me and Kara getting hot lunch while Pear is in cold lunch. "Listen, (Y/N). I've known you for some time now, and I think you should tell him!"

"Tell him what exactly? That I 'looove' him?" I giggle, accidentally bumping into the person in front of me. "Ah! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean-"

"BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU BUMPT INTO ME! HAHAHAHHAA YOU'RE SO CLUMSY! HAHAHHAHA." Orange and Kara both point and laugh, Kara's finger hurts the least as she helps me stabilize my feet to the ground.

"Well well well... I didn't expect that!" Kara ruffles my hair, as we make our way through the line.

                             Back to present

"Woah woah woah, who's Kara? You never mentioned a Kara before." Jack asks, as the flashback playing on the tv pauses.

"Oh! They were a good friend of mine! They would always make me laugh when I was feelin down, I miss them." I look into space reminiscing on the past.

"Yeah, they sure were great." Pear looks off into the same direction. "Rumor has it they have their own ice cream shop!"

"... Thank you for sharing Pear."

                   Back to Elementary lunch

"So, rumor has it the lunch lady used to be in prison!" Kara waves their hands in the air, making up rumors on the spot.

"What did you say about me?" The lunch lady, Patrica, walks over to the table. Her very presence alone could make a 9 year old pee their pants.

"N-N-NOTHING THEY SAID NOTHING." Pear was obviously scared.

"I was t-talking about my future job! W-Working at prison..." Kara scratches their head, sweat dripping down their neck bead by bead.

"Well... If the rumor of me being in prison is worth lying over, I'll set y'all straight... " Lunch lady Patrica rolls up her sleeve to revile a tattoo of her girlfriend from prison. "Her names Crystal, but with a Q. So her names Qrystal." She pulls her sleeve back down. "We met the first day, but I was the only one who escaped- I mean... Got out on legal terms..."

We all looked at each other.

"Ok lunch lady Patrica..."