Chapter 14

We sat in silence as we waited for the Taco Bell delivery, I was pretending to be on my phone while Jack did so as well. Jack finally broke the silence.

"So... Am I really paying for Taco Bell?" Jack traces the threading on the couch.

"Well, yeah? I told you you're paying. Why can't you pay any attent-" I'm cut off as soon as Jack pats my head.

"Sorry, you're hair just looked soft..." Jack puts his hands back in his lap.

"Why the fu- why would you do that you creep? Are you still drunk? This is giving me PTSD from my Ted Bundy experience, are you ok? That's for real some Bill Cosby levels of creepy-"

The door swings open, a familiar face is standing there with a bag of Taco Bell. Uh oh. It's Jack's girlfriend-er Ex girlfriend.

"WELL WELL WELL, OF COURSE I WOULD FIND YOUU HERE." She puts the bag on the counter and storms in.

"How did you get into my house? It was locked, did you just break in?" I stand up off the couch, getting a better look at her.

"Well, it wasn't a great invitation inside, sure I didn't knock, but you did order food!" She puts her hands on her hips. What a skank.

"That doesn't mean you break into someone's home! You knock first! And plus, that would make the story more suspenseful, I think..." I really think that would've made the story better.

"What are you talking about?" Jack turns to me, oh shoot, I mentioned the author.

"IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT SHE THINKS. YOU SHOULD BE WONDER ABOUT WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. For instance, did you know that the male sea horse gives birth? And that you can still give birth even though you get your tubes tied?" Jack's ex sits on the couch, calming down after saying some... Facts.

"Why would you say that? Why would anyone say anything like that?" Jack sits on the arm of the couch, his ex calms her breathing. Unsure of what to do, I start unloading the Taco Bell bag.

"Uh... Anyone want a chalupa?"