Chapter 9

9. Even when they leave, they're never really gone.

29 minutes had passed when a message from Tom popped up on your screen, telling you that he was outside waiting for you.

Putting on your shoes and grabbing everything you needed, you headed outside where Tom was leaning against his car, looking like he had just stepped out of a photoshoot. You would be lying if you said you weren't excited to spend the day with Tom, but it was more of a "thank god I don't have to suffer by myself" kind of excited.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for my date? Do you know a (Y/N)?" He grinned once you were close enough to hear him.

"Charming." You laughed as he pulled you into a hug that almost made you forget about the call from Byron. Almost.

"I was gonna say I'll charm you out of your pants but that's not really the thing I was going for today." He said as he opened the passenger door for you, "Unless..."

"Shut up Tom." You laughed although his comment sent heath waves through your whole body.

Tom had put on another level of gentleman and charming attitude and had really made it his mission to make you feel better again. Once you had insisted on paying for yourself, which he had accepted with an eye roll, you made your way to the first ride which you were quite excited about. You hadn't been to Thorpe Park for quite a while because Byron thought it was for kids and stupid. Idiot.

"When was the last time you were here?" You asked as you stood in the queue to go on The Swarm.

"I usually come here like twice a year since Harrison also loves that shit and my brothers also don't mind tagging along so it's just a fun boys day out, y'know, being kids and running around a theme park all day is kind of refreshing." He said, a soft smile displayed on his face, "What about you?"

"Haven't been here for like 2 and a half years. I came here with Byron for one of our first dates and he decided that it was stupid and that he was too grown up for this kids stuff." You scoffed as you once again wondered why you had ever fallen in love with him.

"I've told you this like 10 times already but you're waaaaay too good for him."

"Yeah, sure." You said as you rolled your eyes.

"(Y/N), I mean it. You're too good, he's an idiot and he already regrets what he's lost. Not realising how amazing you are may have been the worst mistake of his life and he will be regretting it for the next few years."

"Thanks Tom." You still had your doubts here and there. Why would he cheat on you if you were as great as Tom said? Why would he think another person was worth his attention but not you? Yes, he had told you he still loved you, but was there even any worth in his words?

Without saying any more words you were pulled into a hug by Tom. He must've sensed that you were overthinking again and was immediately there to comfort you and to get those thoughts out of your head.

"I was initially joking about the date but from now on I'm going to be treating this as a real one and you're going to be spoiled rotten and wooed off your shoes for the next few hours. Try to resist my charm but I can already promise you, you can't." He said as he tightened his arms around you.

Every hug from Tom was picking up another broken piece of your heart. Every word from Tom was putting that piece back into your shattered heart. Every look from Tom was putting glue on said piece so it couldn't break again.

You spent the next hour going on The Swarm twice before going a little slower with the Flying Fish. Next up was Tidal Wave and it was safe to say that the both of you got soaked, but not soaked enough to not queue up again to get another bucket of water dumped over your head. Stealth was your next stop which was supposed to help you get dry again but didn't do enough so, of course you had to go for a second round.