Chapter 5: The Time Machine

"Dayonna Dickens? A girl from preschool? I never heard about her." Leanne stared at Dayonna's photo and observed more of it. "Red and yellow catsuit, black utility belt and boots of the same colors?"

"Yeah, she's all grown up and became more confident!" said Ophelia.

"I wonder where she went Leanne. She used a time machine to go back in time to bring some disasters that happened before." said Sally.

"Oh, dear. Ophelia, listen, I have no idea where she went."

"But This is serious!"

When the girls are arguing over about Dayonna, Sharla entered in Leanne's office as she cleared her throat. "Sorry to interrupt, but, who's Dayonna?"

"Ophelia's classmate, Sharla." Sally replied. "Do you have any idea where she went?"

"I know, Sally. I believe that she went to 2003."

"2003!" Ophelia realized. "Leanne, I'm gonna capture her."

"How? What about your catsuit?" Leanne asked.

"She stole it. The catsuit is a memento from my mom. She inspired me to become a spy when she gave it after she left active service. She also gave me the belt and the boots."

Then, Leanne stood in a moment of silence before sighing. "OK. Bring Dayonna back."

"Yes, Ma'am." Ophelia saluted.

Two hours later, Sally and Ophelia are in the invention room with Sharla, who showed the girls some weapons created by herself. "With or without your belt, you can still use the taser and this one; A toy pistol who serves as a grappling hook. The Magic 8-balls, laser spray and stuff." she said as she showed the device to the girls. "This one here is the time machine. A device that allows the user to travel through time."

"Cool!" Sally picked up the device and stared at it, awestruck. "With this thing we can use to go back in time."

"Now, you're talking." Ophelia punched her arm playfully as the nerdy girl prepared to push the button. "Sally! We'll use this thing outside the headquarters!"

"The Time machine includes a keyboard and a monitor, girls. Don't worry, 2003 is a tough year where you grew up."

"I was a normal girl until I defeated Dayonna as a little girl."

"And 2003 is the year where I never met you."

Later, the three girls has left the headquarters where they looked for a private place to use the Time Machine. They arrived on a car parking in Allen Street as they looked around. "A parking lot? Don't you have a better idea?" Sally asked.

"No. Oh, one thing, this Time Machine has a old clock that I found in my house and I put it in the door." Sharla explained.

"Press the button." Ophelia commanded. "The two of us are going back in time."

"Allright. I have read a book about time traveling." Sally claimed as she pressed the button of the device. It began to unfold itself as it came out of the frisbee shape, unfolding into the time machine with a clock in the door and the doorstep, much to Sally's shock. "A time machine consisting of a white door, clock and a doorstep." she said as she went inside the machine, only to see the monitor and the keyboard. "Sharla, how this thing works?"

"It's easy. Type the number of the year and press enter." Sharla gave her a hint as Ophelia went inside as well.

"Oh, OK."

"Let's see what's going on 2003." Ophelia closed the door in front of the scientist. "Do your thing."

"OK." Sally nervously approached the keyboard and typed the number "2003" on it. Revealing the number typed in the monitor. She took a breath as she pressed enter in the keyboard as the machine began to shake, the pointers in the clock began spinning rapidly before some lightning bolts striked the machine and it started to float itself before going into a hyperjump in the mid-air. The machine began flying as Sharla watched in amazement, It kept flying rapidly and went into a time-travel vortex as Ophelia held herself on a pole and Sally screamed in horror and fear as she tried to hold herself. "Ophelia! Where are we going?!?!"

"To 2003! The year where I was a preschool student!" said Ophelia as she still held herself.

"You were a preschool student?" Sally continued as her cheeks began to flap rapidly due to the machine's speed. It began flying and flying until it finally landed in 2003. After entering through time, Sally stood up as she picked up her glasses. She breathed as she wiped the dust and wondered where Ophelia is. "Ophelia? Ophelia? Oh, no...Looks like I killed her..." she thought as she saw Ophelia standing next to her, scaring her. "AH! Ophelia! You almost killed me!"

"Are you kidding? We arrived!" She said as she approached the door. "Before we leave the time machine, let me show you something."

"What are you gonna tell?"

"This!"

Ophelia opened the door to reveal that they arrived on 2003, the year before she met Sally, The year before she was a rookie agent on C.E.O. She and Sally stepped out of the Time Machine where they found themselves in Bridgeport, Connecticut in 2003. They watched in awe as they saw some viaducts and many buildings in the past. "It's the year of 2003, girl." Ophelia told her. "Dayonna went here and this is the year where she have my catsuit. How Dayonna went here, anyway?"

"I don't know about you, but she built a lair in the past." Sally put her hand in her hip as she pressed the button of the time machine, which folded itself to its frisbee form before putting in Ophelia's backpack. "The backpack is still with us, Ophelia. We got those gadgets and nothing's gonna-"

Sally's conversation was cut short as the two girls noticed a car coming to the parking lot where a driver is honking his horn, ordering the girls to get out of the way. "Hey kids! Get out of the way!" he shouted as the girls got out of his way before he parked his car.

"I'm sorry, Mister, we're from the present time!" Sally apologized. "Where we'll go now?"

"We'll accomplish this mission. We'll capture Dayonna, get the catsuit and we'll go back to present."