IV

Fearing the worst. Him forgetting Wei WuXian who he has dearly engraved to memory from when they first met when they were 15 years old to the very last words of what Wei WuXian said to him, 'Get lost!', he did not want to forget a single one. Filled with regret, Lan WangJi chose not to be reborn as a human but to be a guardian angel. Wei WuXian's guardian angel. 

He would protect him properly unlike the past. He will disregard the rules if he had to now. Those things did not matter as much as Wei WuXian did to him. He only realised too late. Way too late. Though he is an angel and Wei WuXian is a mortal, with no chance of being together, it didn't matter. As long as he is safe. Alive. Well. Happy.

A protector. To only protect Wei WuXian. To only protect one person of your choice only meant he had more vigourous tests to do but he would do them all, no matter what it makes to be able to protect him. Something he couldn't do back then.

Finally being able to graduate as an "owned" guardian angel, Lan XiChen has told him to learn all the protecting spells and every extra special skill only Lan XiChen has cultivated. He knew his brother would not be willing to come back to Cloud Recesses to go over some notes or meetings that were required. He knew his brother would only want to stay by his side. Hence why Lan WangJi wasn't able to go to the mortal world as soon as he graduated, which was the only thing Lan WangJi looked forward to. 

Night of the Car Crash

"You can go down to the mortal world now WangJi. Do not make your presence known. It does not do any good. Remember to come back once in a while."

"Yes brother."

Immediately, without wasting any time, Lan WangJi went to the mortal world (he's invisible) to look for Wei WuXian. 

'Ah this way.'  

Without any difficulties, he was able to locate Wei WuXian's location. He could already hear Wei WuXian happily chirping away in the car. He was able to catch up to their car with his wings. The rain and cars went through him invisibly. 

'He's with the Jiang family again. Madam Yu seems to not dislike him too. You must be happy to be reuinited with them WeiYing.'

'You're still as loud and free as back then. Are you still scared of dogs? Do you still like spices? Do you still draw when you're bored?'

Bright headlights, suddenly flashed ahead. He saw the oncoming truck. 

'Weiying!'

*SCREEECH* *HONKKK!*

"Watch out!"

"Dad! Mum!"

"Jiang Shushu!"

"Shi-jie! Watch out!"

"Jie!"

Lan WangJi immediately did the protecting spell. He also hugged Wei WuXian, then spreading his wings the largest he could do, enveloping all 5 people with his wings. (He's an angel so he's pretty much see through and can choose when he wants to be able to go through things or not).

He tried protecting everyone as he knew Wei WuXian held all of them very dearly to his heart. To save Wei WuXian and for him to continue to be happy meant he had to save all. No exceptions.

'It's working! Now make it stronger. Protect Weiying at all costs.

The car did several flips. 

'Must. Protect. Weiying.'

Glass shattered. 

Blood oozing everywhere and some washed away by the rain. 

The car stopped. Other cars in a frenzy. People gathered around calling for emergency services. Lan WangJi immediately checked on Wei WuXian. He lost conscious. 

"Weiying! Wake up. I'm here. Wake up. Weiying"

"Weiying"

"...Weiying"

"Weiy"

Wei WuXian started groaning in pain. It was dark. His vision was blurry. From the smoke. From the tears in his eyes.

"A-Xian, A-Cheng. Can you hear me?"

'Good. Weiying's shi-jie is okay.'

"Shi-jie? Are you o...kay?" His voice faded again.

He was starting to lost conscious. 'Weiying!'

Fate had other plans in mind. Despite the very strong protective spells Lan WangJi has used, they didn't work. Fate has decided that they should not work here. 

Jiang Fengmian and Madam Yu died on the spot, receiving most of the impact to protect the three children. 

Despite having the most protection given from the guardian angel, Wei WuXian became blind. 

Jiang Cheng had a arm and scratechs on his body. Jiang Yanli had a broken leg. 

'Sorry. I'm sorry Weiying. I couldn't protect you. Couldn't protect your eyes. Your jiang shu-shu and Madam Yu. And your shi-jie and Jiang Cheng from injuries...' 

❤❤❤❤❤

NOTE: 

*Although he is a guardian angel, he is still a child now like Wei WuXian but very capable of being a guardian angel like the more adult angels. As he has just graduated, he is 17 years old. 2 years older than Wei WuXian. (The immortal world is faster in time). It'll work out. Age doesn't matter in the story - just know that Lan WangJi is older than Wei WuXian.