VII

It's been a couple of days since that incident and Wei WuXian has managed to convince his siblings to let him go out by himself. But there was a condition. Only if he has his mobile phone, white cane, sunglasses and informs both of them where he's going and whenever he goes out. He was a bit reluctant of informing his location to them whenever he wanted to go out but it was a small problem compared to being stuck at home. 

"Hello? Shi-jie. I'm going out for a walk around the neighbourhood. I'll be back in an hour."

He then called Jiang Cheng to tell him the exact same thing. 

Wei WuXian walked out the house, making sure he locked it. He walked around with Lan WangJi walking beside him. He would move away the branches and leaves that he would have walked into and kicked away the stones and sticks on the footpath. 

It suddenly starting raining. Wei WuXian didn't know where he should run to. He couldn't cross the roads hurrily. He didn't know where he was able to take shelter and he has walked too far from home. The darkness and rain sounds made him remember that fateful night where he lost his adoptive parents and started panicking. Lan WangJi noticed his panicked state and made sure no one was nearby then made his presence visible. He grabbed Wei WuXian's hand, and pulled making him run with him. 

Too panicked to think, he ran along, tightening his hold on the stranger's hand. The hold of the stranger was firm. Not too tight and not too loose. There was warmth emitting from the hand, making his cold hands warm. Wei WuXian noticed the hand was bigger than this; a bigger palm and longer slender fingers compared to his own. 'It's probably a guy's hand.'  His hands were calloused but also smooth. 

While running, Lan WangJi thought of how long ago he was able to be come into contact with Wei WuXian's skin. He who hated being in contact with others longed for Weiying's touch. He just didn't realise why back then. 

They ran under a sheltered bus stop. A part of him wished they could keep holding hands. "Thank you for helping me get out of the rain" Wei WuXian smiled as he wiped off the rain on his clothing with his hands. 

"You're welcome". Lan WangJi took out his hankerchief and wiped the rain off Wei WuXian's face. 

Wei WuXian's face started heating up. He didn't know why himself. His touch was just so delicate and caring. "I-I can do it myself. What's your name by the way? My name is Wei WuXian." Lan WangJi passed the hankercheif to him, not wanting to scare him. 

"Lan WangJi. Birth name Lan Zhan."

"You have a birth name too! Mine is Weiying"

'I know.'

"Do you live around this neighbourhood?"

"Yes."

"Me too. I just went out for a walk. Oh! Where are we? I need to tell my brother and shi-jie where I am."

"Bus stop 23A." 

"Thank you. Let me call them first and I'll keep talking to you."

While waiting, Lan WangJi hummed the song WangXian quietly while looking at him. 

"That's a nice song. What is it called?"

"WangXian..."

"I've never heard of it. Who's the singer and composer?"

"I composed it."

"Wow. You're amazing! Are you a singer? Can I record your voice?"

"No. And yes you can."

Using Siri, Wei WuXian managed to record his voice. 

"Thank you Lan Zhan."

The two sat undercover listening to the music recording on repeat. The serenity would occassionally be disturbed when Wei WuXian asks about Lan WangJi. Wei WuXian then reached his hands out to feel the droplets of rain bounce off his hand. 

"Hey Lan Zhan. What colour is the sky right now?"

"Blue. With grey clouds. The sun is peeking through. A rainbow will form later."

"What do you look like Lan Zhan?"

Before he could describe himself, Lan WangJi had to transform into an invisible angel again as he sees Jiang Yanli and Jiang Cheng coming. 

"L-lan Zhan? You still there?"

"A-Xian!"

"Wei WuXian."

"Shi-jie, Jiang Cheng. Did you see Lan Zhan? He was just sitting here with me."

Yanli and Jiang Cheng looked at each other. There was no one else at the bus stop nor did they see anyone leave. 

"There's no one here with you"

"He left me this hankerchief. I didn't get to give it back to him. He also sung me a song and dragged me out of the rain." 

"That's enough adventures for today A-Xian. Let's go home. Hopefully you can meet him again on another day. Maybe he had to go home quickly." Yanli said taking him under her umbrella. 

❤❤❤❤❤

NOTE:
I actually listen to that video to fall asleep - Lan Zhan humming "WangXian"